Chapter 28: On my mind

It's been a while! I owe you all a chapter so please enjoy~ :)

"Oh, oh! What about a white wedding? Or is that too...basic?" Esdeath asked, her face bright and cheerful as she sat across from me in her chair, puppy dog eyes, planning our wedding.

I smiled to myself, before it vanished and I looked away from her thinking. I sat with my legs crossed on the chair, staring off into the distance. We shouldn't even be getting married...

Esdeath noticed my expression, and frowned.
"Don't like the idea of a white wedding?"

I broke out of my thinking moment, and looked straight at her.

"Or is something troubling you?" She stood up slowly, her face staring into mine. Her eyes looked cold once again, that same look she gave me when we first met.

"W-what? No no of course not..." I tried to convince her to shrug it off. Esdeath stayed stood still, tilting her head.

"Please. If it's the weddings organisation plans, speak up." She pleaded. I'd never seen her so...scary yet compassionate.

Maybe I should be truthful. It would be the right thing to do. I'll tell her. Besides, she loved me, I could be able to change her mind about this all.

"I just think...we shouldn't even be getting married. Well yet that is. Not after what we've gone through, and the sides we were on. It would be b-" I was cut off by her marching towards me. I was dragged from my chair and she was slamming me against the wall.

My body froze in fear, as she towered over me. Her eyes burn themselves into mine, as she leaned as close as she could towards my face.

"You don't want to get married...?" Her voice was stern and scared the shit out of me. I swallowed.

She took her hand and placed it gently around my throat, her thumb resting on the edge of my chin. She forced my head up to carry on looking at her. Esdeath was rather powerful, and she had such a hold on me.

"Do you love me Y/N?" Esdeath questioned.

I tried to speak only for a raspy breath of air to escape my mouth. Embarrassment flood to my cheeks as she stares with the same look.

"I-I do...love you..." I blurt out slowly, feeling intimidated.

"Then it's settled, we're getting married. And for afterwards, we're going to slaughter all of night raid." She placed a kiss on my cheek, and went back to her chair, planning.

"Wait..all of night raid?" I asked, shocked.

Esdeath lifted her boots up, resting them on the table. "So a black wedding? Or white? Or even red! "

Esdeath ignored me and I grew annoyed.

"Esdeath! Please, you can't be serious. We're going to kill night raid after our MARRIAGE?!" I raised my voice, unable to believe what she had said.

"Calm down. Think of it as our first killing together as wives." She heavily blushed, smiling. "Now calm down. That's an order."

I shut my mouth, obeying.  What if she finds out about Mine? Shit's going to go down once she realises I didn't actually kill Mine. I love her, but my life is at risk. And I'm stuck on what to do.

I just want to try convincing her to stop, but it won't work. She's commanding, stubborn at times and doesn't like to follow others orders. Apart from the Emperor's of course. Wait...the emperor! He's young and he could be easy to convince. But he has that...disgusting man by his side 24/7 that makes the decisions for him.

Luckily I hadn't met him but if I did I'd have the utter urge to kill him on the spot.

The door clicked and I turned around, as it swung open. A rather large, older man with a white beard strolled in. He held a chicken leg in one hand as he munched away at it. You've got to be kidding me. Honest, the emperor's advisor and prime minister of the Empire. What was this guy doing here?

I looked back and forth between him and Esdeath as Esdeath picked herself up and took a bow. Honest stared straight past her, looking at me, eyeing me with his dirty eyes. I felt uncomfortable.

"Why why! What do we have here? A beauty stands there behind you! Say...after this would you like to accompany m-" Honest had started as Esdeath gave him a death glare.

"Prime Minster...this is my soon to be wife, Y/N. Y/N, this is the prime minister of the Empire." Esdeath turned to me, motioning for me to come close. I did what she wanted standing at her side. I hated the way Honest stared at me. He continued to make me feel discomfort.

Esdeath grabbed onto my arm happily acting lovey dovey. The prime minister stared unamused and his eyes changed looking at her.

"I've come to talk about the plans on the end of Night Raid. " He twiddled with one of his teeth, taking out a piece of meat that was stuck in between and throwing it on the floor. Yuck.

Just then, the Jaegers came piling into the room. They all took a seat, and I looked to Esdeath.

"Don't worry Y/N. It's just a meeting, you have no need to join as you'll be following my command when the time come, so why don't you go wait in my chambers?" Esdeath said. I hesitated.

"That's an order. Now." Esdeath commanded. I left slowly. Kurome sat, eating one of her snacks, staring at me as if she knew something. I gulped, feeling nervous and left the room.