The Keys to My Heart

Start from the beginning

“Please! Please! Please don’t make me go there!" she whined, while getting onto her knees. “I’ll do anything; I'll get even better grades than I usually do!”

Her mom just looked at Nicolette disgustedly because she had just spat out coke, but then she broke into laughter.

"Oh, Nicolette! You've already been getting pretty much the highest grade point average, any higher, I'd be stunned. But, I’m sorry; I don’t have time for all this, with work and me traveling around. It’s too complicated.” she said, looking like she was going to tear up for a moment.

Nicolette sighed as more memories of her father arose. She remembered locking herself in a room and balling her eyes out until she couldn’t cry anymore. She had a couple of good friends that stood by her, especially Matthew Kim, a really hot Asian, but most of all, one of her best friends.

“Good, get your stuff ready; school starts in three days and I will be dropping you off a day early.” she said before leaving the room.

“What?!” yelled Nicolette.

That means she had less then three…no make that two days to enjoy what was left of her summer and pack! Was her mom crazy? She sighed, knowing that she was.

“Okay, I will soon.” Well soon, in never. Her mom smiled at her and left Nicolette to clean up her mess.

Just as Nicolette settled back on her couch, the doorbell rang and she went to get it.

“Speaking about the devil…err well thinking about it anyways.” she mumbled to herself as she opened the door and saw Matthew standing there.

“What’s up?” Nicolette asked looking at him.

She could tell that he was sad and then she crossed her arms, knowing why he was here.

“Okay, I’m telling you for the last and final time; that girlfriend of yours is treating you like crap. Just dump her already!” she said.

Mathew just shook his head before running a hand through his hair.

“It’s harder then it looks, okay; I still like her a bit and who was the one who introduced me to her?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

Nicolette put her hands up before nodding.

“Alright, alright…so she was once my friend, but now she isn’t. Anyways, come in, I’m not doing anything better then watching TV and thinking about that stupid Academy I’m going to go to.”

“Wait what? You’re not going to Clev-”

“No!” Nicolette snapped. “My mom is very busy because of her stupid pilot job and she doesn’t think I’m capable of taking care of myself everyday for school.” she grumbled.

Matthew’s expression changed into a chuckle. “Well that is sort of true…” he said slowly.

“Shut up.” Nicolette said. “If you want to come into my house, at least be a little nicer…”

He laughed again before nodding. “Sure thing, but seriously I need some good advice in dumping her nicely…or how we can change the relationship for the better…” said Matthew slowly.

Nicolette shook my head before sighing. “You are too much of a nice guy. I mean just dump her, lay it straight, seeing how she pains you a lot; she’s not worth it anymore.” she replied.

He shot me a look as if he was wondering what I was talking about. “Speak for yourself; you’re the one getting dumped here and there. Doesn’t it hurt in the end?” asked Matthew.