The Keys to My Heart

Readers beware: This is my first story on Wattpad,and I will admit it is crappy, cliche and full of errors. Read at your discretion.

___________________________________________________________________

Chapter One - Bad News

Bad news can come when one least suspect it, but who knew that on a peacful afternoon, an unexpected shower of bad news would fall upon Nicolette Sinclair when her mom came into the living room.

“Hey honey…” she said. Nicolette barely turned her head to look at her mom before she stared back at the screen. Within a few seconds, the TV screen was blocked with a body and she just sighed.

Looking up, Nicolette spoke. “What’s up?” she asked as she popped open a coke can and took a sip of it.

“I’d like to talk to you about something important.” she replied.

Nicolette’s eyebrows pulled in and a frowned formed a little. Usually when her mom wants to “talk to her” about something, it was either bad news, something important, or that she was in trouble. She doubts that she was in trouble because she didn’t do anything, so it had to be important or bad news.

“Now turn the volume down on the TV or turn it off.” she commanded.

Nicolette sighed and spoke. “I can only do that if you move out of the way.” she grumbled.

A few seconds later, the volume of the TV was lowered and she was looking at her mom and repeated her question. “What’s up?” she demanded, giving a dull look at her mom, to just come out with what she had to tell her.

“Alright, I’ll come straight forward with it.” she stated.

“Okay, any time will do…I’m missing the show.” said Nicolette impatiently.

“Nicolette. What is with your attitude these days?” demanded her mom.

She just shrugged before sighing. “I’m sorry, it’s just that…” She paused for a moment, biting the bottom of her lip, refusing the cry again; she had done that too much these days.

“I found out a few days ago when we came back from Hawaii that Evan cheated on me and that a friend of his called me a day later to tell me that Evan broke up with me.” she replied, thinking about how boys can’t get any worse than that… getting their friends to tell a girl that he broke up with her.

“Didn’t I tell you to stop dating months ago because for the last five boyfriends you had, they all broke up with you because of looks and their needs?” she asked, shaking her head.

Nicolette just nodded, while taking another drink of her coke.

“Anyways, onto the big news now…I have decided to send you to Silvestre Academy because of my work.” she stated.

It took Nicolette’s mind a few seconds to process it all before she spat the contents of her coke out, well more like choked on half of it. She stared at her mom in the eye and spoke.

“Are you crazy?” Nicolette demanded.

She knew that her mom was a pilot, but she didn’t think it would ever be that busy for her…besides she could take care of herself. Nicolette took a breath in, thinking why her mom decided to tell her now and then it came to her. Her father was in the military and was helping out to keep peace in Afghanistan, when he was killed by a road side bomb a year ago, so she stayed at home more.

Either way, she definitely did not want to go to Silvestre Academy. Nicolette had heard from many of her friends that it was apparently the “greatest academy” you could go to if you were looking for hot rich guys, but seriously she knew that was the last school she wanted to go to. She had also heard that the teachers give easy ninety percents there, not that Nicolette minded or anything. It’s just that if she wanted to be a lawyer, she needed to actually learn and earn good grades the harder way. Besides, none of her friends would be there and that’s pretty bad.