Dr. Maxton

Remember this takes place when Eda is in her teen years (13-15)

Eda was laying in her bed like she usually would every morning before going to school. It had been a rough week in general, but today she could. not. get. up. She turned to the side facing her bedside table and saw the photo of Raine, Lilith, Darius, and herself. She suddenly felt guilty because they had been texting her asking if she was okay, why she wasn't at school? And so on. She had made Lilith swear not to tell anyone, and she had kept her word. Darius had stopped bothering a few days ago... but Raine wouldn't stop calling, and texting. They would even give Lilith small paper notes with intern jokes on them, so she could deliver them to Eda. She had kept them all in a box, and of course she had to respond to those! So she would send her sister to school with the second part of the joke and get a new one from Raine when Lilith came home again. It had been going like that for a few days... five days. But when ever they tried to call, Eda just put away her phone and ignored it. Lilith and her mother had been trying to get her to go to school, but failed.

"Honey i think it would be good for you to just get out if bed and be with your friends. I hear that Raine misses you incredibly?" Her mother had said to her.

"Come on Eda. You are missing out on all the good stuff. And to be honest professor lightmans class gets pretty boring without your silly pranks." Her sister had told her. But it didn't help. She just couldn't get up. But she didn't need help! NO! She was fine! No psychologists! She turned away from the picture of her friends and put on some music.

"I'm fine" she said to herself smiling. She felt tears in her eyes.

Why can't i just be normal?! She thought. She closed her eyes and listened to the playlist.

Please fall asleep. Please fall asleep. Please. FALL ASLEEP! She thought clenching her fists. She relaxed herself and tried "singing along" the music in her head. Anything to prevent thinking too much about things. Eventually she fell asleep. She woke up a lot. Just like every night. First it's too hot. But without the blanket it's too cold! Is there a thinner blanket? Yes! But it's on the other side of the room. Hm will have to get that tomorrow... and that's just how it goes every night. When she woke up the next morning it was already 10 o'clock.

Knock, knock.

"Yes?" Said Eda

"Can i come in?" Her mother asked

Pause...

"Okay" said Eda hesitantly. The door opened and her mother walked in but not alone. Eda got up. Now sitting she asked:

"Who is that!?"

"Don't worry dear. He is here to help you"

No no no! What did you DO! Eda thought. Her eyes widened and she got out of bed. She was still in her pyjamas and didn't want to believe this.

"I told you! NO. THERAPIST!" She said raising her voice.

"Edalyn don't make such a fuss! Dr. Maxton is here to help you!" Her mother said.

What. The. HELL! She thought.

"O-okay" she said

"Just... give me a minute to get dressed!" She said.

"Of course" her mother said with a huge smile on her face.

No, no, no! Don't get your hopes up. Eda thought feeling pity for her mother. Dr. Maxton and her mother walked out, and she quickly locked the door. She grabbed a tote bag and threw some of her things in it, got dressed and jumped out of her window, onto the roof. It wasn't that high so she could easily jump down.
And that she did. She ran. She had every intention of coming back! But first when that... DR. I-"fix"-people guy was gone!

No therapists!she thought and ran.

Hey.
I don't know if i'll do more about her past next chapter just to yk DIG DEEPER. Or if ill get back to it later but well see<3