Chapter 5

It's finally the first day of classes and I couldn't be more excited. It's the beginning of the life im going to build for myself and i couldn't be more proud of me.

My goal this year beside graduating is to ignore Axel. He's not good news and has bad decisions written all over him. A few days ago when he came into my work i didn't recognize him at first and when i saw the priceless look on his face i kept going along with it.

Im on my way to my first class. Sadly I don't share any classes with Lexi. It would have been nice to know one person. Im very early about half an hour. If there's one thing you should know about me is that i will alway be on time to stuff. Always have been always will be.

Im sitting under a tree waiting for the professor to get here and of course with my bad luck i see Axel making his way to me. I quick look away and act like i don't see him.

"Hey." He says taking a seat next to me on the ground. Before i direct my attention to him I see a few girls looking at us or better yet him.

"Do you need something?" I ask as politely as i can. Then he hands me a coffee cup from the coffee shop I work at. "What's this for?" I ask reaching for the cup.

"Just because." I wonder what his motive is.

"Look like i said at the party if your looking for someone to hookup with that girl isn't me." I look at the cup in my hand not being able to look him in the eyes. I'm used to people using me for my body but I won't do that anymore.

"Who said anything about hooking up." He takes a sip of his coffee looking forward.

"Im not a big coffee fan." I let him know.

" I know its tea. I asked one of your coworkers." He says causally but its honestly a nice gesture.

"I appreciate it Axel." I say sincerely. No ones ever gone out of there way to get me anything. It's sad to say that this is the first anyone has ever bought me anything.

"Hey did i do something wrong?" I shake my head not trusting my voice. "Do you not like tea?" I swallow the lump in the throat before answering.

"I do its my favorite. Thank you" i take a sip and its so nice and warm. "Why is everyone staring?" I ask him.

"Ignore them." And i do.

The profesor finally arrives and we make our way inside. Axel makes his way in first taking a seat all the way on the back but i on the other hand go to the front. I take a seat and the class starts to fill up.

There is a lot of student and all of the desk are almost filled up. There one beside me thats still open. Right when I think no one will fill it someone sits down.

"Is this seat taken?" This blonde good looking guy asks and I shake my head. "Im Joseph."

"Daisy." I say nicely.

The teacher then walks in and starts the lesson.

    •••

"There's a party tonight at our frat house would you like to come?" Joseph asks me as were packing up to leave.

"Yeah. Is it okay to take my roommate?"

"Yeah of course the more the better. Here. Let me give you my number and ill send you the address." I take out my phone so he can put his number in and he hands me his. "Alright. Ill see you tonight. Look for me."

"I will. Bye." I smile.

"Who was that?" I hear Axels voice from behind me as i exit the class.

"That was Joseph." I say not turning around to face him.

"I've known you longer than he has how the hell does he get your number before i do." I must be crazy because he sounds jealous.

"Well because he asked for it. Have you?" I stop in my tracks and turn to face him.

"Can I have your number?" He asks and i smile.

"No." I turn around and walk away going to my next class.

                                            ••••

It's one in the afternoon once im done with all my classes. I make my way to my dorm room to start on the assignments i was assigned. I want to finish them all before heading to the party. I really hope Lexi wants to join me tonight.

It's around three when Lexi comes in. "Can i drop out?" I laugh.

"That bad?" She throws herself on her bed face down.

"All my classes i at least have one assignment." I know the answer to my question.

"I was invited to a party tonight and i was going to ask you if you wanted to come with me?"

"Im sorry Daisy i have so much homework, otherwise i would go with you."

"No its okay I understand I'll probably just text the guy and tell him im not going"

"No! You should still go." She sits up.

"I don't know being around people and not knowing anyway feels weird." What if someone try's to kill me? No thanks.

"I can ask Andrew to go with you? Im sure hes going to be there anyways. He'll make sure you get home safe." She offers.

"You sure he wouldn't mind?"

"Not at all let me give him a call" she calls him up and by the conventions it looks like he's okay with it.

____________________________________