Chapter 29

Justin's POV

I help Liam out of the window and then jump out after him. A gunshot is fired right outside the room we just climbed out of and I throw a look in through the window. I hope she's okay. Another shot is fired and another. They are so close together it's as if two people stood in front of each other and fired at the count of three...

"Don't worry, Justin. Natalie can take care of herself," Liam says. "If anything, I've learned that."

I nod, convinced but still worried, then I pick out my own gun and we start walking towards our cars. But first we have to get passed Robin's guys.

"So," Liam mumbles as I look around the corner of the house with my gun ready. Suprised I see that the rest of the gang is here too. I swallow hard as I see a guy named Alex fall to the ground. I didn't know him very well, but still. "you and Natalie, huh?"

Liam snaps me out of my thoughts and I look at him over my shoulder. "Uh, yeah. I mean I guess. We haven't... had time to talk about it."

"I was always under the expression that you liked Dani. You searched so hard after her when she disappeared."

I sigh and lean against the wall. "I like Dani too, just not like that. I just knew that if Dani didn't make it Natalie would blame herself and I just want her to be happy. Dani makes her happy so I did everything I could to find her," I mumble and look everywhere but at Liam.

He nods and puts a hand on my shoulder. "You're a good guy, Justin. I hope she won't break your heart."

I want to ask him what that's supposed to mean but suddenly Liam's eyes goes wide and he focuses on something behind me. "What?" I ask and turn around to see a dark hair, tall guy around my age walking towards the front of the church. He has a pretty huge weapon in his hand and I'm pretty sure if he shot someone their head would blow up.

"That's Michael," Liam mumbles.

"Who's Michael?" I ask confused.

"It's the boss."

Anonymous' POV

*30 minutes before*

"So what are you going to say?" I ask him. He looks tense which is understandable. He's been under alot of pressure for the past few days. Since he took this job, really.

"I don't know. I have to distract him. Mom, what should I say to him?"

I look at my son. He is 21 years old but right now he looks more like when he was 9 and asked me why the kids in school was so mean to him. I sit down beside him and put my arm around his shoulders. "Honey, you are doing this for your sister. And you've done it before. But this time she is trying to do the right thing but she needs your help to do it. All you have to do is talk to him. Just keep him here for maybe 15 minutes. You have nothing to worry about because he is too scared to do anything directly to you. And I'll be right here, okay?"

He nods and hugs me. "Thanks mom. I just don't want to mess it up. Because if I do she'll-"

"Don't you dare think like that. Just do your best, okay? That's all you can do." I sound alot more sure than I am. Of course I don't want to see my daughter die. But I know that if she does, we will have done everything in our power to stop it.

Someone knocks on the door and Tyler sticks in his head. "Michael, he's here now."

Michael nods. "Okay, I'm coming."

I smile at him. "Go kick his ass."

He laughs. "I've never heard you say anything like that, mom."