Chapter 23

Robin's POV

I look at Sam. He doesn't talk much but today he seems extra quiet and he can't seem to look me in the eyes. "Hey, Sam. What's up? How's life?"

He looks up at me, confused and just a little scared. "Uh, good. I'm fine." Lies.

"Why are you lying to me?"

Ones again he looks at me, just a little scared. He can't keep the eye contact in more than two seconds. "I'm not."

I chuckle because I find it funny that it's so obvious. He could be standing eating my food while promising he hadn't taken it. "You're doing it again. Now either you tell me or I'll make you tell me. It's quite simple actually."

Sam looks at his hands resting on the kitchen table. "When are we going to let her go?"

I'm a bit suprised. "You're worried about Danielle?"

Sam looks me in the eyes for half a second. "It just doesn't feel right when, you know..."

"Because of Natalie, I know I know. It's all you ever say. Well, listen here. They won't find out anything because they won't get her back alive. Unless someone were to turn on her phone of course, then they would find us right away. But right now, we're safe. And you don't have to worry about Danielle. I'll take care of her. She'll die either way, it doesn't matter what Michael has to say." For some reason Sam doesn't look any calmer at all. In fact, he looks almost terrefied. I wrinkle my eyebrows. "What?"

"Nothing, I just..." he swallows so hard I can hear it. "How are you gonna..."

"Kill her? I haven't decided yet. Probably just a gun, it'll take too much time otherwise. Why?"

"I don't... Why do you have to kill her?"

I narrow my eyes at him. "Why do you care? You've barely met the girl, don't tell me that you have some twisted crush on her." He opens his mouth to say something but shuts it again. Smart choice. I'm not in the mood for some forbidden love story. "From now on you're not allowed around her anymore. You better get used to not seeing her, her time is running out."

I leave the room before he can say anything.

Justin's POV

"So she said she saw her mom?" Jason asks as he moves the food around on his plate.

I nod. "Yeah, she said she saw her two minutes ago. But I was there like 15 minutes before she woke up."

Jason shrugs and puts the plate away on the bed, beside him. "It was probably just a dream."

I shake my head. "Yea, I know but she seemed really shocked when I said her mom hadn't been there."

Once again Jason shrugs. "I don't know what to tell you."

I sigh. "Yeah, me neither."

"Those beds are uncomfortable as fuck and the food tastes like shit."

I ignore him. "I actually wanted to talk to you about something."

Jason raises his eyebrows. "That doesn't sound so good."

"Do you like Danielle?"

Jason avoids my gaze and he starts fiddling with his fingers. "I mean... It doesn't really matter, right? She's too nice and, we don't even know if she's alive."

"So you like her." It's not a question.

"Fuck, I guess I do."

I nod slowly. "Good to know."

Sam's POV

I don't know what to do with myself. I just lied to Robin and now I can't see Danielle anymore. I wanted to talk to her about the phone incident, especially now that I'm sure Michael is coming for her. But if I'm going to talk to her before they arrive I have to do it soon. Very soon. I figure I can do it when Robin leaves to meet with The Royals' boss. That time is all I need.

Natalie's POV

"Liam!" He walks into my room and I'm so happy to see him. He is the only one that can get me out early. "Liam, you have to get me out of here. We need to find Dani."

Liam nods. "Yea, I know but we can't do anything more than to talk to Robin. They're meeting with him toni-"

"Liam, I know where she is! I wrote down the adress!"

Liam stares at me and in one step he is by my side. He grabs my shoulders. "Where? Tell me now!"

I shake my head. "I don't know the adress, I had this piece of paper in my hand it's-" I interrupt myself. Where the hell is the note? I remember holding it when we crashed and then nothing. The panic starts setting in and I sit up staright. "Oh god, where is the note?"

This is super short I know, but I want it to kind of end with a cliff hanger. Longer chapters are coming.

Please comment and vote ☺

- L