The Shrewd of Norfolk Territory

Lord Richard William Carey hears that Lord Alexander Charles Stuart has called Lady Karissa "The Shrewd of Norfolk Territory'' and he confronts his first cousin twice removed, " I heard that your maternal first cousin, Lord Stuart called Lady Karissa a Shrewd and what are you going to do about it?"

"I will handle my maternal first cousin, Lord Alexander Charles Stuart as you are fully aware I have no love for my maternal cousins." Lord Andrew Charles explains.

"My first cousin, Lord Alexander Charles, invited us to Lennox Territory to discuss a possible future marriage between our children at the proper time. I have decided on nothing." Lord Andrew Charles explains.

"What are you thinking about marrying my third cousin to a Stuart, Lord Andrew Charles. Are you as mad as your grandfather?" Lord Richard William asks.

"Didn't you hear that my sister has a daughter Lady

Marie Clémentine Léopoldine Caroline Clotilde Bourbon and there is Lady Mary Henrietta Grey, Lady Dorothea Hasting." Lord Richard William explains and Lord Francis Valois has a daughter, Lady Elizabeth Ann Valois." Lord Richard William tells him.

"I have a picture of my niece, and she is your first cousin thrice removed and Lord Anthony's third cousin once removed." Lord Richard William states.

Lord Richard William pulls out of the picture of their first cousin thrice removed, and Lord Andrew Charles looks at the picture " She is very beautiful, and she resembles her paternal great-great-grandmother, Lady Sophia Charlotte as does Lady Caroline Matilda." Lord Andrew Charles admits.

"Come on now, Lord Andrew Charles. Lord Alexander Charles comes from the illegitimate line of King Charles II and his French Mistress, Louise de Kérouaille, Duchess of Portsmouth and my niece is a direct descendant of Prince Robert of Clermont, the youngest son of King Louis IX of France and Lord Frederick William Howard." Lord Richard William states.

"Our children are too young to marry now, Lord Anthony is only 11 years old, but I will consider your niece and my first cousin thrice removed, but I must meet with her father first." Lord Andrew Charles explains.

"I can arrange for you to meet my brother-in-law and my sister and they can bring their daughter with them." Lord Richard William states.

"Have you shown this picture to Lady Karissa as I know she will want to have a say in this?" Lord Andrew Charles asks.

"I don't think Lady Karissa will object if she knows my sister's daughter as she looks for a match between Lady Caroline Matilda and Lord Kevin Thomas Riley II when the time comes." Lord Richard William states.

"You seem to forget Lady Karissa is the legal mother of Lady Caroline Matilda and Lord Benjamin Lawrence and you are only their natural father and you have no rights to them until you marry her and you legally adopt them." Lord Andrew Charles tells him " I am their legal father as I am married to Lady Karissa."

Lady Karissa walks into the drawing room and she looks at them " What is this about?"

"We were discussing the possible brides for Lord Anthony Christopher." Lord Andrew Charles tells her.

"Lord Richard William seems to think his third cousin would be a better match than Lady Alexandrina Charlene Stuart." Lord Andrew Charles explains.

"I see Lord Andrew Charles." Lady Karissa explains.

Lord Andrew Charles shows the picture of Lady

Marie Clémentine Léopoldine Caroline Clotilde Bourbon and Lord Richard William tell her " This is Lord Anthony Christopher third cousin once removed."

"She is very beautiful and we will certainly consider her for Lord Anthony but the ultimate decision is left up to Lord Anthony Christopher when the time comes." Lady Karissa explains.

"Lady Marie Clémentine Léopoldine Caroline Clotilde Bourbon is my sister's daughter." Lord Richard William tells Lady Karissa.

"I am sure at the cotillion her father will escort and we will be there to see how the two react to each other along with many other candidates." Lady Karissa explains.

"Lord Anthony is only 11 years old and the young lady in mind is only Lady Caroline Matilda's age." Lady Karissa tells him " You will be there with Lady Caroline Matilda when Lord Bourbon presents his daughter." Lady Karissa explains.

"I understand and I will inform my sister and brother-in-law at the proper time." Lord Richard William explains.

It is decided upon that at the cotillion Lord Anthony will be able to meet his third cousin once removed, Lady

Marie Clémentine Léopoldine Caroline Clotilde Bourbon.

Lady Karissa asks " May I show this picture to Lord Anthony?"

"Why of course by all means show it to Lord Anthony?" Lord Richard William tells her.

Lord Richard William smiles and Lady Karissa shows the picture of Lady Elizabeth and Lady Samhain and Lady Elizabeth tells her mother " Lord Anthony should have a choice of brides when his time comes."

"Lady Mary Henrietta Grey is also very pretty." Lady Elizabeth tells her mother.

"I know she is the second daughter, but Lady Katherine is spoken for by Lord Timothy Christopher Beck, the first cousin of Lord David William Beck." Lady Elizabeth tells her.

Lady Georgette Henrietta Grey is three years younger than Lord Anthony and she is even more beautiful than her two sisters." Lady Elizabeth states.

Lady Karissa looks at Lady Elizabeth " I am sure your father knows Lord Edmund Grey. " Lady Karissa tells her.

"I know Lord Edmund Grey, Duke of Suffolk Territory and my father knows his father, Lord Reginald Grey, and my grandfather knew his father, Lord Thomas Grey, and my great-great-grandfather knew Lord Reynolds Grey, and Lord Patrick knew Lord Roger Grey." Lord Andrew Charles explains.

"Lord Grey is Duke of Suffolk Territory." Lord Andrew Charles explains "He is a direct descendant of Sir John Grey of Groby and Queen Elizabeth Woodville." Lord Andrew Charles explains.

"Queen Elizabeth's sisters married into some of the most influential families in England." Lord Andrew Charles explains.

"I think one of her sisters, Lady Catherine Woodville married twice first to Henry Stafford, 2nd Duke of Buckingham and Lord David Frederick Stafford is one of her descendants

from the marriage to Lord Henry Stafford and they had two sons, Edward Stafford, 3rd Duke of Buckingham and 1st Earl of Wiltshire but later the Earldom of Wiltshire was given to Lord Thomas Boleyn by King Henry VIII." Lord Andrew Charles explains.

Lord Richard William is content with the fact that his first cousin twice removed will consider his niece and his first cousin thrice removed.

Lady Karissa tells him " The final decision is left up to Lord Anthony Christopher when he turns 17 years old in 2297."

Nothing more is said but Lord Richard William tells her what Lord Alexander Charles called it and she just laughs "I don't have time to worry about what Lord Stuart thinks about me."

"Let him remain in Lennox Territory." Lady Karissa tells Lord Richard William.

"I respect and like Lady Josephine Isabella." Lady Karissa tells him.

We all know how the marriage between Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR and Lady Patricia Eugenie Stuart turned out." Lady Karissa explains, "He is far more happier now."