Night of the Bat

It has been a few days since the incident with the Violet Lantern named Star Sapphire, she had managed to move on with her break up with Hal, and Hal was very embarrassed about the social media post making him a brief laughing stock but was luckily forgiven.

Today it was Friday and things were going alright with the duo, Max and Lena were currently in science class with other students being taught about vampire bats by Professor Francine Langstrom, she had blonde hair done up with a pony tail with red glasses and violet eyes, she wore a lab coat with a badge and a purple turtle neck shirt, grey pants, and blue shoes.

Author notes: She doesn't have wrinkles under her eyes.

Francine: Ok class, who can tell me about their personality, (Sees Lena raised her hand) yes Lena?

Lena: Well professor, vampire bats may be scary by groups and appearances, but they're actually pretty gentle, can be very shy, and they are incredibly intelligent.

Francine: Correct Lena, now can someone tell me how their behaviour works?

Max: I can answer that, you see vampire bats carries rabies which when it's victim is bitten, they become wild, dominant males defend groups of females, and when they cooperate they are either sharing their food or grooming them.

Francine: Very good Max, (hears the bell ring) ok class, we shall continue this later.

Max and Lena were about to leave but was called out by Francine.

Francine: Max and Lena, could you both stay back for a moment?

Lena: We're not in trouble are we?

Francine: No not at all, I just want to talk to you both for a minute.

They wait for the other students to leave until the door shuts leaving the duo and Francine in the classroom alone.

Max: So what did you want to talk to us about professor Langstrom?

Francine: (Chuckles) You don't have to call me professor, just Francine.

Lena: Ok, so what do you want to talk about?

Francine: Well, I heard that you and Max are Metropolis High best students when it comes to hard work.

Max: True, but we don't brag about it, we are always there looking out for each other.

Francine: That is true, I also heard that you adopted Lena from her formal family mouths ago, I'm sorry they didn't treat you well Lena.

Lena: Its ok Francine, Dad was always there for me when he adopted me.

Francine: Indeed he was, anyways tomorrow I have an important project I'm working on, and I was wondering if you two can help me with that?

Max: I don't suppose why not, is it alright if we bring Babs along for extra help?