Chapter 14 - Sangeet Ceremony

Aditi's POV

Today is our Sangeet Ceremony, and here I am sitting in front of the mirror and impatiently waiting for the make-up artists to finish their work, I so hate sitting like this but cannot protest either.

After my make-up and hair were done, I went to wear my lehenga. I looked at myself in the mirror and gasped, not believing it was me. These make-up artists sure did a great job on me, I had my hair open, just some wavy curls and accessories because I love my hair open. 

I am beyond happy with my choice of lehenga, I am getting the same vibes and feelings wearing it that I had dreamt of, the first time I saw this lehenga, I had made up my mind to wear it in any of my wedding functions, and thanks to Maya Di, she I got this one, at first she was upset that I did not want to wear her designs or they were bad, but then I explained to her how I felt about this one, she happily agreed to get me this lehenga as my wedding gift at any cost. And I had to give in to her. Now, you must be thinking why I had to give in when I was the only one to ask for it, but when she mentioned it as a wedding gift, I was a little reluctant, I had strictly told everyone to not give any gifts because their presence and blessings are the only gifts, I need from them. 

I don't know but I had some emotional connection to this dress the moment I laid my eyes on it, maybe because it's my dream dress, I don't know honestly, but I am ecstatic right now for being able to fulfill all my dreams for my wedding. 

Shivansh's POV

I am so much excited as tomorrow is the day of our wedding, I have been waiting for this day ever since I met her, I know sounds cliche, but it is what it is. 

Right now, I am getting ready for our Sangeet Ceremony, I quickly freshened up, wore my outfit for the day, and did my hair, soon I was ready and noticed that there still was a little time so thought of calling my Angel and see if she is ready or not,

"Hello Angel, are you ready yet?"

"Hello to you too Jiju (brother-in-law), and no, your Angel is not and is still getting ready that is why her phone is with me." 

"Oh, I didn't know her phone was with someone else, by the way, if you don't mind me asking, which one of my many Sali's (sisters-in-law) am I having the privilege to talk to?"

"Oh, I don't mind at all, and I am the one who shares the same first name as your Angel"

"Oh, Dr. Aditi, ok, God, why do you girl's take so much time to get ready"

"Haha, not funny Jiju, she is The Bride, she is bound to take time to get all decked up for her big day, and a free advice, you should probably get used to waiting because after marriage also this will happen a lot because we girls have so many things to wear and apply that it takes time and this is something quite foreign to you guys, Hehe" - Dr. Aditi

" Ok, learned the lesson never to mess up with ladies, (laugh) I'll keep your advice in mind in the future, thank you for your pep talk Sali Sahiba (madam sister-in-law)"

"Hehe, my pleasure Jiju, now I have to go so that I can bring your Angel to the function on time"

"Ok, Sali Ji"

My Angel has some crazy, pure-hearted friends; she once told me all about them, and I am thankful to them for being with her in her hard times. 

Anyways, I went to the venue where the function was going to be held and the decoration is perfect, and I know this is all my Angel's wishes and I am happy she is having her wedding as she has always wanted, I have promised myself that from now I am going to give her all the happiness in the world, and will be there to support her through her every emotion and decision in life, I know I cannot say that I will never let her cry or will never let her face any problem because this is life and here we do not have control of what's in store for us in future, but I can promise that I will be there with her in any problem and we will together face it, I will be the shoulder she can cry on and someone she can share her heart to.