Chapter 4

Aditi's POV

It's been 2 weeks since the wedding and life was back to normal, right now I am in the office as usual preparing for a meeting with clients which is day after tomorrow when I heard the ring of my phone, the call was from Maa,

"Hey Maa, how are you?"
"Hello beta (dear), I'm good."
"What's the matter, Maa?"
"Nothing beta, just would you please come home early today?"
"Sure maa, but is everything ok? Why suddenly?"
"Everything's ok beta, just wanted to talk to you about something"
"Ok maa, I'll finish my work and be there as soon as possible"
"OK beta, bye take care"
"Bye maa, love you"

After the call with Maa, I wrapped up my work as soon as possible and went to meet my brother.
I entered his cabin and greeted him.

"Hello Bhai (brother)"
"Hello Baby Sis"
"What bhai, how many times do I have to tell you to not call me that"
"And how many times do I have to remind you that you will always be my baby sis no matter what"
"Ok fine, I can't win against you in this, anyways did you get a call from Maa?"
"Yeah, I did, she said that she had something to talk about"
"Yeah, same here so that's why I have wrapped up all my work for today and am leaving, what about you?"
"I am also leaving in just 5 minutes, why don't you just wait here for 5 mins then we can go together"
"Ok bhai"

After 5 mins we both left from the office in Bhai's car. After 30 mins of drive, we were home.

"We're home Maa"
"You both came! Great! now go and freshen up both of you, dinner is ready"
"Ok Maa"

After freshening up we had our dinner with lots of bickering between me and bhai and so much of happy moments as a family, after dinner I finally asked Maa about "the talk" she wanted to have with us.

"So, what was the talk about Maa"
"Oh yes, so I wanted to talk about your marriage--"
"Oh, congrats bhai, you're getting married, wow, when and how"
"Woah slow down baby sis, what is this Maa I didn't even know about my marriage that's not fair you should have asked me at least"
"Wait both of you, will you let me complete what I was saying"
"Ok sorry continue"
"So, as I was saying, I am talking about your marriage Aditi, a proposal has come for you, and I think it's time you at least consider this and think about your marriage"

There was a pin drop silence in the hall, after listening to Virinda's words both Aditi and Varun are in a state of shock. Aditi was opening and closing her mouth not able to understand how to react to this.

"Listen, I understand this has come suddenly and we have never talked about this before but I think it is right time for you to think and take a step towards your marriage and I know you do not have any boyfriend so there is no harm in at least considering to meet them and I promise if you don't like the boy or his family then it's ok we will not go forward with it, but I just want you to at least think of it"
"Ok Maa, after listening and understanding your point I think I xcan at least give this a thought and try meet them"
"Really! Wow I am so happy for you bacha (child)"
"Thanks Maa, what about you bhai what do you think?"

Varun sighed and said "I also think that Maa is right but one part of me does not want to see you getting so grown up that today we are talking about your marriage as for me you are always my baby sis whom I have seen as a new born and then seeing you growing old and have cared for you as my own child, all of this just makes me so emotional, but I am happy for you and I will personally meet the boy and if I don't feel that he deserves you then I myself will not let this go forward"

Hearing this there were tears in both mother and daughter's eyes, and all were so emotional

"Oh hello, you both are getting so emotional right now, still I am here, and we have not even met the boy, what will happen at the time of my Bidai, there will surely be a flood of Ganga and Yamuna" Aditi sighed dramatically

"Dhatt Pagal" Virinda shushed her and all three had a nice and warm group hug feeling the warmth of the love they have for each other.

A/N-

So, Aditi is ready for marriage, and I can hear some wedding bells coming up ahead ;)
STAY TUNED

XOXO

~Addy