Chapter 16 - The Wedding

(All of the images used in the chapter are just for reference and belong to their respective owners)

(Warning- Long chapter ahead👇🏻)

Shivansh's POV

Right now, I am getting ready for our wedding, finally, this day has arrived, and I am over the moon. I can't wait to meet her and see her in her Shaadi-ka-Joda (wedding outfit), we were not allowed to see each other after the Haldi as it is inauspicious according to elders and traditions, but this has increased our excitement to meet each other in the most precious moment of our lives.

"Are waah! kisi ki nazar na lage mere bete ko *THU THU THU* I am so much happy to see this day as I didn't think I would ever witness it because you had no intentions to marry before Aditi came into your life and I am glad she did come in all of our lives and blessed us all and made us all so happy and especially you, my son." Mom said as soon as she entered and even put a Kaala Tika behind my ear. I agree with her My Angel is indeed very special and I am lucky to have her in my life.

"She indeed is an Angel mom, MY ANGEL"

"Oh, I like this side of my son, anyways let's go it's time for your Sehrabandi and Ghudchadi and you know your Bade Papa he is so punctual." - Mom

Then we headed to the hall for the rituals.

Sehra Bandi is the ceremony where the groom's face is covered by tying a multi-stranded garland to his paghdi (turban).

"Sehra" is the actual garland headgear and "Bandi" means to tie.

So, the groom's sister-in-law (Bhabhi) ties the garland to the groom's turban after she applies kajal (eyeliner) to the groom, which is believed to ward off evil spirits. Afterward, she's presented with a monetary gift or jewelry.

It happens before the groom gets on the horse/elephant/in the car, to start his baraat.

The Ghudchadi is the ceremony in which the groom initiates with the Baraat on his horse. The females of the house tighten the headgear and apply tilak on the groom's forehead before the procession starts.

The Groom's sister feeds Chana to the horse before the Baraat proceeds further.

Once I am on the horse, the baraat started and all of the relatives are dancing, enjoying, and celebrating.

We are in the Mandir (Temple) of the hotel to pray and after that, we proceeded toward the area for the ceremony.

Decoration at the entrance☝🏻

At the entrance, everybody from Angel's family is there to welcome us. My Sasu Ma (Mother-in-law) did my Aarti then even pinched my nose as a ritual, and it was so much fun to have fun with her by defending myself at first but then I gave up and let her pinch my nose.