Despair

Rachel POV:

Haggard breaths escaped my lips as panic rose inside me. 

Uto.

The cadence of his steps as he leisurely walked towards us, his eyes full of confidence of killing us all without much trouble as well as the terrible pressure he was emitting.

It all reminded me of why he was known as the most powerful retainer.

The retainer who killed Alea. The retainer who almost killed both Arthur and Sylvie.  The retainer who then became a part of Regis.

'We can't beat him,' I thought as my body went limp, 'there is no way we can beat him. Even an older Arthur with Sylvie by his side was defeated effortlessly by Uto. He is on a difference league.'

'Unless the lances come here, at least if Varay is here,' I desperately hoped, looking for a miracle to come save us.

Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

"So these were the kids you were scared of, Draneeve," Uto sneered as he looked down at the spy. 

"Yes, Sir Retainer. These students managed to completely overturn the operation. Even though they are not your match, I plead you to be careful." Draneeve replied respectfully before bowing.

"Hmmm... these kids are a bit special. It would have been fun fighting them in a few years.." Uto's voice trailed off, "What a pity for such talents to die so early?"

He shook his head in mock pity before looking at us again, "Since you are younger than I am, I will give you guys the first attack. However, I will not allow any of you to escape, so don't even bother trying."

"Attack me quick or I'll get bored~" he said in a teasing voice, completely sure of his invincibility in front of us.

I tried to compose myself by taking in deep breaths but nothing was working. This was because I knew exactly how strong he is. 

'Is this why they say ignorance is bliss?' I internally sighed  before activating Spirit Dive.

Lancelot did the same and Arthur activated Realmheart. The other Paladin members also got ready.

'Looks like we all thought of the same thing,'  I thought, 'we need to bombard him with seven mana zones simultaneously to even have some semblance of a chance of beating him.'

All of us rushed instantly at him. Uto stuck to his word and didn't show any signs of movements even thought Draneeve seemed to be pestering him to.

'Lancelot must have scared him quite a bit,' I thought as a slight smirk appeared on my face.

[Mana Zone]

The smirk on Uto's face disappeared as seven mana zones pressed in on him from all sides.

"ATTACK!" Arthur roared as his teal sword clad in black lightning cut towards the retainer. Alistair wrapped blue fire around his weapon before attacking while Lancelot struck down with his giant two blade sword.

The rest of us fired off our ranged spells towards him. 

BOOM!

 Destroyed black spikes lay near him while the he blocked Lancelot's and Arthur blades with each of his hands.

"Not bad," he said with an undertone of incredulousness in his voice. I gasped in shock as I noticed how Alistair managed to slightly cut through his skin, causing golden blood to drip down.

"DON'T GIVE IN!" I yelled to wake everyone up from their trance.

[Water Dragon's Descent]

[Ice Age]

[Ancient Forest]

[Earth World]

[Spirit of Boreas]

[Black Lightning's Fall]

[Black Flames of Annihilation]

All of our most powerful spells powered up by our mana zones rained down on Uto. 

Third POV:

Uto slightly grunted before shaking off the three boys near him. He struck out his hands and stopped their attacks easily. For the ranged attacks, his black spikes were enough.

However, the reason why he panicked a little was because of the black fire released by Alistair.

'This flame...' he watched it burn through his defensive spikes, 'this is different from soulfire. It's even more destructive and dangerous.'

'But that's what makes it exciting!' he exclaimed before punching Alistair. His eyes widened as he could tell the boy was able to keep up with his punch. But, he was too slow to dodge it and was blown away.

"Hu~" 

He exhaled a breath and summoned black spikes towards Arthur before turning his attention to Lancelot who hit him with his strongest attack.

[Spirit of Boreas + Gravity Magic]

Uto simply raised his hand and blocked the halberd. He let the green mana hit him, not doing much damage at all.

'That spell they did at the start was interesting but they are quite weak,' he sighed in disappointment before punching Lancelot away.

"Water Mana Zone Trap!" Rachel yelled as blood rushed down her nose.

Suddenly, Uto felt the passive pressure of the seven mana zones all rush towards him simultaneously.  

He could feel his movements lock down as if he was being pinned into string. His breath was knocked out of him and he was submerged in water.

Yet, he didn't panic at all.

'Not bad, not bad at all,' he thought before releasing his black spikes to destroy the spell instantly.

'I should kill these guys and take the retainer here back with me,' he thought as he looked at Elijah.

"Let's start with that boy," Uto grinned sadistically before shooting off black spikes towards Arthur.

Arthur easily evaded them and slashed towards him with his sword.

But it was futile. 

Uto simply deflected the sword slash and punched him with more strength.

Arthur's breath was knocked out of his lungs as he went flying off. His Realmheart wore off and he was now defenceless.

Uto slowly sent off black spikes, purposely targeting the non-fatal spots to toy with him.

'Now, who will jump in to save him?'

A shadow jumped in front of him and desperately tried to block the spikes.

Uto's grin turned wider as he poured more mana into his spell, manipulating it to attack the vital spots of the defender.

Her body was lurched up for everyone to see. Blood spilled out of her mouth and the sword escaped her grasp.

Horrifying shrieks that sounded like music to Uto's ears escaped the mouths of everyone as they collapsed to the ground.

She gave off her last breath before death embraced her.

(A/N: Ah yes, the cliffhanger is here. Who do you guys think sacrificed herself for Arthur? Comment your thoughts and remember to vote to share your support!)