New Life

Gary POV (Ren Dover):

'So I died huh.'

A simple thought illuminated my mind while my body floated in complete darkness. I died while trying to fight the Demon King alone.

'He has probably absorbed the powers of the Akashic Records and become the Ruler of the Universe by now.'

The Demon King was already borrowing the Akashic Records' powers, so it makes sense he absorbed them after killing Kevin and I.

Suddenly, light appeared in front of me. 'Is this the light at the end of the tunnel?' I thought as the light engulfed the entire black space.

Someone wiped my body and wrapped my whole body with a soft cloth. I tried to move my body, only to no avail. My eyes were blurry before focus came gradually. What I saw in my sight was a beautiful woman who had silver hair.

'Did I reincarnate as a baby,' I mused coldly.

"My baby, Gary"

'My name's Gary I suppose.'

I look around the room to see expensive furniture, paintings and even a small chandelier. However, I did not find anything reminiscent of the modern world. 

'Am I in a medieval world then?'

The door burst open and a man with a stoic expression on his face and jet black hair entered the room. He merely glanced at the two of us before leaving the room, as if he was merely here to check if I was delivered safely.

My mother scoffed as she hugged me before whispering into my ear, "I'll make sure to protect you, my chid."

__________________________________

2 years later:

It has been already 2 years since I was born, and I learned some important things during that time. The most important fact being that I am not in the same universe as the Demon King, which saves me a lot of trouble but also brings some problems.

The first problem is that mana is very different here from my old world. Not only that, there are no arts or skills in this world.

I had been reading books about Dicathen and the various kingdoms. There are racial limits on the elements one can use and there are deviancies as well. Most humans awaken around the age of 12, however, I could feel my mana core already starting to develop. 

My father is Archduke Whiteborn, one of the most powerful men in Sapin. Even the king is afraid of him even though my father has sworn complete loyalty to him. He only has one wife since he doesn't care about love and all that nonsense.

He married my mother just because it was good for his influence. My mother is from a Marquis house and this gave him an opportunity to ally himself with them.

Onto the matter at hand, awakening can cause explosions with varying strength that depends upon talent as it causes the ambient mana to run rampant. I didn't want to end up destroying the noble house and hurting the maids, though I cared more about the possible consequences of destroying the house than the wellbeing of the people living there.

'I'll awaken in front of Father. He should be able to hold back the ambient mana seeing how he is at the silver core stage.'

My relationship with my mother would have been good, if not for the fact that it was fabricated. 

'I lost all my emotions when I reincarnated for some reason,' I thought, 'Is it because all my skills somehow got baked into my body, so Monarch's Indifference is always active?'

Finally, I got the rare chance of awakening when my father decided to have breakfast with my mother and I. The three of us ate silently, my mother waiting for father to break the silence enveloping the room.