Alistair

(A/N: I need to change the the cover of this ff that I'll do later.)

Third Person POV:

A wonderful scent filled the small house. A young boy who was reading raised his head as his nose smelled the food. He ran to the young woman who was cooking the food, hugging her leg.

"Mama, are you cooking food?"

The mother turned down to look at her son, her sapphire like eyes looking perfect alongside her snow-white hair. A wide smile appeared on her head as she picked the boy up. The boy had snow-white hair like his mother but he had red eyes instead of blue eyes. 

He was very small, only about four years old. The mother hugged his small body as she said in a melodious voice, "Are you hungry, Alistair?"

The boy nodded happily, before being put down and running over to the dinner table, patiently waiting for his mother to bring him the food.

___________________________________

A few months later, the two of them were outside hunting. The mother was teaching the boy how to use a bow and a dagger. 

"Look Alistair, you need to pull the bow back like this and use Wind magic to increase the force of the attack. Also, make sure to aim properly and use a homing spell if the prey is too far."

The boy nodded and was able to easily understand what his mother said. He picked up his small bow and pulled back, creating an arrow out of Wind mana and shooting it. The arrow blew up the deer's head, killing it instantly.

The mother looked happily at Alistair as she picked him up and cuddled with him, causing him to laugh in joy. 

________________________________

Alistair was now confident enough to hunt on his own. He was a very fast learner because of his special eyes which he inherited from his mother. These eyes allowed him to see mana and aether in the air, as well as see parts of the near future if he focused. 

His mother had been teaching him about the continent they live in. They lived in the kingdom of Elenoir, which made sense since his father was an elf. 

However, his father died fighting against a powerful beast before. His mother was also extremely powerful, capable of scaring away large beasts with just a look. 

Alistair, happy with the prey he had hunted, was coming back to his house. Suddenly, he saw smoke in the sky. Curious, he used Wind magic to move faster towards the smoke. 

He then noticed that there was a fire. However, the fire seemed to be burning where his house was. Now worried, he moved even faster, looking like a blur as he moved through the forest. 

He arrived next to his house, before falling to his knees. His house had almost completely burned down under black flames. 

"MOM!" Alistair cried out as he rushed towards his bleeding and dying mother. His mother was still standing, however, her pure white clothes were dyed golden from her blood. Her eyes had turned from their normal pristine blue colour to blood red and had some black marking inside. His mother was shocked that he was there and shouted, "RUN AWAY NOW!"

His skin started to prickle before he looked up, seeing a man clad in black starting to descend. The man was over 7 feet tall, his two black horns which protruded out of his head being the most distinguishing feature. However, the man simply exerted power just by being there. There were golden droplets of ichor dripping from various shallow cuts and scratches, but there were only a few deep wounds inflicted on him. 

"Oh, so this is your child?" the man said in a bone-chilling voice. The mother ignored him as she turned towards Alistair, "I am sorry Alistair, but you must run away. Take this and run now!" She shoved a silver ring into Alistair's open palm before closing it.