Borrowed Power

Arthur POV:

Today was my match against Lancelot, and I wasn't going to hold back anything. My body had fully recovered from the backlash and I could use Stage 2 again in this battle, because I will need to.

"Contestants, assume your positions!" Cynthia announced while both Lancelot and I entered the stage. I could almost see my parents along with the Helstea family and Ellie sitting in the stadium, eager and anxious about this battle. 'And I don't blame them after what happened last time,' I thought while getting ready.

Wind magic is completely useless, fire magic will also not be very helpful, so I would have to mostly rely on my two deviant magics to win.

"Let the second match of the semifinals begin!"

I instantly unsheathed my sword charged with lightning and attacked him. Lancelot conjured a whirlwind that completely countered me and sent me flying back.

I didn't let up and attacked him again quickly. He send wind blades to attack me, that I evaded without too much difficulty.

'He's letting me close the distance,' I thought warily.

He then unsheathed his own sword. The blade was pure white and it has a light green handle. My teal sword clad with lightning clashed against his white sword clad with wind magic, both not letting down.

'He's gotten much better in swordsmanship.'

I was forced back from the strength of his sword but I swung in mid air to transfer that force into my own attack. Mixing in slashes and strikes from various angles, I was slowly getting the upper hand even though he was stronger in terms of pure mana.

His sword increased in strength as he blew a hole through my guard. I cursed internally before being sent flying. Luckily, I used earth magic to create footholds in the ground so that I didn't fly out of the stage.

"If you aren't going to get serious, I'll end this here," he said in a somewhat arrogant tone.

[Sylph's Breath]

A huge amount of wind mana incomparable to his previous attacks was being gathered. 

(A/N: I'll change some canon here, but Stage 1 of Sylvia's beast will allows Arthur either to stop time through Static Void or gather ambient mana and release it in a single attack through Dragon Breath.)

[Stage 1: Dragon Breath]

A purple pulse of mana gathered in front of me before I released it. Both of our attacks met equally and caused the huge explosion. I managed to create an earth barrier to protect myself from being flung off from the concussive force generated from the clash.

I was surprised to see that the stage hadn't shattered completely. 'They have reinforced it,' I thought as the smoke cleared and revealed an unhurt but bewildered Lancelot.

His shock morphed into some sort of ecstasy at the thought of a good fight. But he quickly masked his emotions under that of indifference.

Stage 2: Dragon's Awakening: Integrate

My hair was dyed into a shimmering white-golden colour while my eyes also turned golden from their usual blue. All of the ambient mana obeyed my every command, except for wind mana.

Lancelot POV:

'Incredible!' I thought as I looked at how Arthur managed to draw out Sylph's Breath. 

"Lancelot, he also has a beast will of some sort," Sylph whispered to me.

I simply nodded my head before masking my expressions.