55

A couple days later, I was playing with Amaimon in the main great room. Niya and Azriel had gone to show Iseldis around town and Zeldris was dealing with issues only the Demon King could fix. "Maimai, you are the giggliest baby I've ever seen," I cooed, tickling his belly as he laid on the ground. I sat up suddenly when I felt Meliodas' presence appear in the realm, along with another that must've belonged to Tristan. So he did come with his father, that surprised me. "Meliodas is here, Zel." I heard him sigh. "I know, Tristan too I assume. I won't be done for awhile. Xena has a room for each of them. Are Niya and Azriel still out with Iseldis?" he responded, sounding frustrated. "They are, but should be back shortly for lunch. Are you afraid he's going to do something even with his son here?" I asked. "I wouldn't put it past him. Just be careful," his voice even more irritated.

He had known this was likely going to happen but it didn't make it any less irritating for him. "Okay, Maimai, let's go find Xena!" I exclaimed, picking him up and rubbing my nose on his. He grabbed my face and tried to eat my nose. "You're a silly boy," I grinned at him, standing up and walking towards the kitchen. "Xena! Meliodas and Tristan are in the realm and heading here. Zel said you had rooms setup for them?" I informed her, trying to keep Amaimon from wiggling out of my arms. As my pregnancy progressed it was getting harder to handle him. "I don't know how I'm going to handle two babies at once. Meliodas is just going to have to stay here and help..." I muttered to myself. "You sure Zeldris would like that?" Xena teased, taking Amaimon from me as we headed to the castle entrance. "I know he's upset his brother is here but he's already knocked me up what more can he do?" I whined, "His help would be nice considering Zel is the king here and is busy a lot. Mel could just be a stay at home Dad." I giggled, thinking about the former most vile demon of all being a stay at home dad to an infant.

Xena frowned at me, "I've watched them grow up since they were boys, I'm fairly attached to them. Zeldris adores you, you shouldn't take his feelings so lightly, Ali," she scolded me. I scrunched my eyebrows, "I don't take his feelings lightly, Xena! I love him more than anything else in all the realms. I didn't intend to get pregnant with Meliodas' baby nor ever be in a weird relationship with him but no one expects to have their lover sealed away for 3,000 years either! So don't scold me for shit that is really weird and doesn't happen to the average person!" She sighed, "I'm sorry, Ali. I just don't want something to happen if Meliodas were to stay here. I could see Zeldris killing him for real. He almost did that first training session you ever had with his brother. They had to stop him from continuing and Meliodas just let him..." I nodded, holding my arms around myself, "I know...hopefully if he stays he'll just focus on his son."

We heard the doors to the castle open, "Anybody home?!" Meliodas yelled cheerfully. I could see Tristan standing slightly behind him, eyes wide with fear. "Hi Mel. Tristan, welcome to the demon realm and our home. I hope you don't find it too jarring, I know it's very different than Britannia. Azy and Niya are out but they'll be back for lunch soon," I greeted the boy. He nodded and continued looking around. "Azy has your Dad's old room if you're interested in seeing that, though I don't think he or Zel spent much time in their rooms as kids. This is Xena, she can show you where you'll be staying," I introduced them. "Lord Meliodas, welcome home," Xena greeted, bowing to him. "There's no need for that," Meliodas giggled then grinned at me when Xena looked up, shocked. "I told you you'd be surprised, Xena. He's a bubbly weirdo now," I teased.

"If you'll come this way, I'll show you your rooms Tristan and...Meliodas," Xena offered, feeling uncomfortable addressing him so casually. Meliodas pushed Tristan forward, "Go ahead, Tristan. I want to talk with Ali first." I frowned and scolded him, "Mel, go with him. He's clearly scared, you brought him to a whole new realm not just someone's house!" Tristan gave me a small smile. "I do hope your Dad told you this realm can be dangerous, but within the castle you're very safe. Your Uncle is the Demon King after all, no one messes with him or his family," I reassured him. He nodded and started to walk with Xena. I grabbed Meliodas' arm, "Go. It's not like I'm not going to see you again, be there for your son. Your brother used to mimic you as a kid, maybe you should mimic him now. He's a great Dad and you seem to be struggling with it a little. Tristan will open up if you do the same," I whispered, then shoved him towards them.