17

I couldn't help but giggle. We flew nearly shoulder to shoulder all the way there. Zeldris had grabbed my hand for obvious reasons but Meliodas grabbed my other as a 'leading the way but also I'm going to hold your hand so my brother knows I'm not just giving you up' kinda way. It made me curious about the sleeping arrangements...I could see the Boar Hat on the horizon, we were coming up on it quick. Merlin and King were outside in a defensive position. They had definitely felt Zeldris' ominous presence heading their way. When we got closer they noticed my hand in Meliodas'. "Captain. Why are they with you?" King asked in a judgmental tone. Gowther, Elizabeth, Slader, and Arthur joined them outside.

Zeldris' hand tightened in mine just a bit so I rubbed my thumb on the outside of his hand to pacify him. Meliodas' hand also tightened which surprised me a little, "It's obvious why Ali is with me. But my brother has agreed to work with us to defeat the Commandments and ultimately the Demon King and Supreme Deity." The first sentence had an angry and snarky connotation to it. "How do you know we can trust either of them?! Can we trust you?! Are you our enemy?!" King argued back. And now my hands hurt. I tried pulling my hands away and each of them looked at me when they realized they'd squeezed a little too hard. "If you turn against the Seven Deadly Sins, Ali, or Elizabeth, then you're my enemy. And I trust them," Meliodas declared, challenging King with his blank faced stare.

Merlin looked at me then Zeldris before returning to Meliodas, "Are you sure about this, Captain?" she asked as her eyes drifted to his hand still holding mine. "Yes. Is everyone okay going inside now? I need a drink," he answered a little more cheerfully. "Captain, we have an issue first. Diane has gone missing," Merlin informed him. "I'm going to go after her," King asserted. "We'll all go!" Meliodas announced, "Hawk's Mom, head that way!" Hawk's Mom started heading towards the direction of Diane's energy signature. Then, he dragged me inside, subsequently dragging Zeldris because neither would let go of my hands. I finally yanked my hands free and sat down at one of the tables and laid my head down, this was gonna be a lot more complicated than I expected.

"You okay?" Zel asked quietly as he sat down next to me. I mumbled an incoherent response as Meliodas sat down three mugs of ale. "Drink up!" Zeldris looked at the mug Meliodas handed him suspiciously so I rolled my eyes and exclaimed, "Oh, give me that one then!" and chugged it. Meliodas smirked and followed my lead while Zeldris huffed and did the same. "Mel, is there anything stronger?" I asked, I needed something to get me through dealing with both of them attached to my hip and simultaneously juggling getting the other Sins to trust me again AND also trust that Zel wasn't going to kill them in their sleep. "Stronger booze, coming right up!" he giggled and went to grab some whiskey behind the counter.

He grabbed three glasses then brought the bottle and glasses to the table. Evidently he had the same thought, that this was going to be a painful night and the subsequent days and figured Zel had similar sentiments. He filled the glasses near the top, which was nearly 7 shots but you know, shit was tense in the Boar Hat at that moment. I drank about 1/3 of it in a single gulp. "Easy now," Zel warned next to me. I frowned at him, "I can't get alcohol poisoning leave me alone!" He put his hands up, "Alright, but don't complain to me when you feel shitty tomorrow." Meliodas giggled, "I think you should follow Ali's lead, Zel, and drink more!" I poked Zel in the ribs playfully, "Yeah what he said! Are you gonna let me outdrink you?"

Now he was annoyed because both of us were goading him. "I bet he can't outdrink me," I cheekily told Meliodas. "Definitely can't outdrink me," the blonde added.