49

The four of us stood silently in the middle of the street, the only sound was distant chatter of people preparing for the Prince's birthday and the babbling of Amaimon in my arms. "Mel...was that really the best way to handle that? He's your firstborn son and Ban's your best friend..." I questioned softly, concerned for them. Meliodas just hadn't been himself, it hurt to watch. He stopped looking off towards the castle and turned his attention to me, "Remember what I told you, the last time you were here in Britannia?" I gave him a confused look, "You said a lot of things then, Mel. What specifically?" He gave me a small smile, "I was born to tell you I love you. That hasn't changed just because I have a wife and son. I'm not going to hide away something that came from the love we have for each other, regardless of who it may hurt." The twins shifted uncomfortably, "Okay...well...I think we'll be going back to the demon realm tomorrow. Now that they know I really don't want to be here," I admitted.

Meliodas nodded, "I get it. We can get you setup in the Boar Hat. I'll keep it closed so you're not disturbed. I should probably head back to the castle and figure everything out, though I suspect Tristan won't let me near Elizabeth," he grinned and rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. I narrowed my eyes at him, what happened to him after I returned to the demon realm 13 years ago? We followed him to the tavern, it hadn't changed since the last time we were there, it was kind of nice. I'd spent a long time there during a very stressful time and part of it felt like home. "Thanks, Mel," I gave him a small smile then sighed, "Zeldris had a room setup for you next to the nursery, just so you're aware. Don't get me wrong, he wants nothing to do with you and doesn't want you in the demon realm by any means, but he's not going to stop you from seeing your child." His face fell and he looked at the ground, "You know it's funny. It may make me sound like a horrible person, but there are two people in this world I care more about than any others and that's you and Zel. And yet, you're the two I've hurt the most." I was about to say something but he turned and left quickly, leaving me and my kids alone.

"I don't think I'll ever fully understand him," I muttered. I placed a bunch of kisses on Amaimon's face, making him squeal, before turning to my eldest kids. "Are you guys hungry? I can see what he has in the back to cook," I suggested. "Momma, let me. You should sit down and take it easy," Niya insisted. I was going to protest but Azriel stopped me, "Dad would tear us a new one if he knew we weren't babying you like he has the last couple years." I grinned at him, he was right. I sat down at one of the tables and sat Amaimon in front of me on the table. "Okay, Maimai, open up. Momma needs to see your teeth," I pinched his chubby cheeks. "See anything yet?" Azriel asked, peeking around me into his baby brother's mouth. I sighed, sure enough, two tiny fangs were already starting to come in. "Yup, right there. He's not even a year old, you were 11. How does any of this make sense?" I groaned, but quickly grinned when Amaimon attempted to pinch my cheek.

"I don't know, Mom. Maybe it's not inherited as simply as saying a quarter vampire, quarter goddess, and half demon. Maybe it's random, say half demon but then his other half is almost all vampire?" he suggested. I looked at my firstborn, I was always shocked at how intelligent he was for a kid, "I think that's a good hypothesis, Azy. Maybe we can get with Merlin and you can bring it up with her." As soon as the words left my mouth, Merlin appeared. "For fuck's sake, Merlin. Do you have some sort of spell on me that you know when I'm talking about you?!" I exclaimed, holding my chest from the scare. She smirked, "No. But I can feel when 4 strong auras suddenly appear in Britannia, though I expected the full-sized Zeldris, not this tiny one. Who else would it be?" she explained. "Fair enough. What can we do for you?" I asked her.

"I wanted to see how the blood pills were working for Azriel and to make sure Meliodas brought you the other batch..." her gaze shifted to my pregnant belly, "Ali...how far along are you?" I groaned, "You already know, why must you ask?" She frowned and crossed her arms, "Because I want to hear it from your mouth directly who the father of that baby is." Azriel scowled at her, drawing his sword, "Don't talk to my mother that way." I put my hand on his arm, "Azy, it's fine. She has every right to be upset with me." He frowned at me, "Yeah, but she doesn't have to be such a bitch about it." "Azy!" I scolded him. He rolled his eyes then put his sword away. "You're acting more and more like your Dad everyday," I pinched his side, teasing him. He loved, respected, and looked up to his Dad but he already looked like his clone, he didn't want to be told he acted like him too. Merlin cleared her throat, waiting for me to answer her.