Chapter Six - Relief

"Weed is a pretty good way of relieving anxiety, at least for a short period of time. I use it whenever I need a break from my brain, just a few minutes to stop worrying about all the problems I have, all the problems in the world. There's two different types, indica and sativa. Now, sativa is for energizing, if you want to be able to get up and do things for a bit, feel a little giggly. Indica is more helpful for when you want to relax, lay back and take a day off." Connor explained over the phone, it was clear he had been doing this for longer than Evan thought. "Why do you ask?"

Evan went white, he began to chew on his lip as he slowly set his phone down, sighing. "Uh.. C-Can you tell me more about the- the indica..?" He asked, changing the subject rather quickly.

Connor raised an eyebrow before shrugging. "Indica strains tend to be more potent, meaning it smells a lot worse than sativa. Sativa provides more of a head high, activating your brain, and indica provides a body high, relaxing it. Your muscles feel less tense, uh.. You get more- aroused, I guess. I-In a like- in a good way. Relaxed and happy." As he spoke more about it, he began to stutter. "Do you want to try it?"

"No!" Evan blurted into the phone, sitting up. "I just- I was interested! Do you.. Do you use sativa or indica..?" He asked, yet again changing the subject.

"Indica. I have no need to do extra work, I'm good enough at it. Sometimes, I just need to relax my muscles and spend a day doing nothing." He paused, closing his eyes. "I haven't needed it for awhile, but- I just did today. Don't know why."

Evan knew Connor was being vague. He didn't feel it would be right to ask just what the reason was that he also self-harmed along with smoking, seeing as it was a rare occasion to do so. "Okay." He said, biting on the bottom of his lip, sighing. Both of them went quiet for a brief moment, before both of them opened their mouths to speak, and one word in, they both heard each other. "Sorry, you go-"

"No, it's okay. You can say whatever," Connor replied.

Evan sighed again, closing his eyes. Again, it was silent. He had a few things that he could say, but they all felt inappropriate to ask, or would be taken the wrong way. "Do you.. Do you think I could come over? Maybe not today, obviously, since you said you wanted a little alone time. But.. Some other day?" He asked.

"Come over?" Connor looked around his motel room, watching the mess reveal itself to his eyes. He went red. "Uh.. O-Or I could go to yours. Either way.." He nodded, chuckling.

"Oh? Yeah, sure. I'm fine with either.. I'd just have you come over maybe when my roommate isn't here, so what happened last time doesn't happen again, ya'know-" He laughed nervously.

"Yeah. Right.." Connor laughed more humorously, smiling before a thought came to his mind. Before he could imagine the outcome of his question, he blurted. "Do you really like jerking off that much?"

"What? No! Oh my god, no.." Evan covered his face, "That was him just being an asshole! He's just a dumb jokester like that, that's all.."

"Heard that!" A voice yelled from outside of the bedroom, Jared coming out of the bathroom after a shower.

Evan laughed loudly. "You know what you did!" He shouted back, before sitting back against his bed and smiling. "Anyway.. I have a pretty busy day tomorrow, so how about Tuesday, the day after? I have a class at 11, but before then, you could come over."

"Fine by me."

"Okay. Well.. I'll talk to you then." He had a sweet voice as he put the phone in front of his face, ready to hang up.

"Yeah.. See you." Connor said, pausing for a moment in case Evan had something to say before he hung up.

----------