13

"She's gone." Max said dejectedly. As her scent faded after she had gotten into a car and drove off.

Holland interrupted the younger man before the pity party escalated. "I know what hotel she is staying at, come on." Caspian and Max following behind Holland. All pressing into a cab.

Caspian handed two hundred dollar bills to the driver after Holland named their destination. "As fast as possible good sir." He suggested to the driver, the cab tires squealed as the driver floored the gas.

As the car approached the hotel, Caspian and Holland could already feel that Hannah wasn't here. Ignoring their feelings, trying to use sheer force of will to change reality. Holland led everyone to his room. Max started to knock on the door Holland said was Hannah's, Caspian and Holland went into his room. The door that would adjoin the rooms was closed and locked. Hannah's scent fresh in the air, but fading. She wasn't in her room. She wasn't here.

Max stopped frantically knocking after a Gruff man yelled at him from across the hall to quit it. Joining Caspian in Holland's room. “She didn’t get on a plane. She is hiding somewhere in the city.” Holland said first. As the group slowly went back outside.

Caspian continued exactly where Holland had paused. “She panicked when she saw the three of us sat at a table.” Confirming what Holland and Max had already suspected. It still hurt their wolves to hear it said out loud. “What human wouldn’t panic to see Fridays guy, at a table with her partner du jour, and a third man she doesn't know.” Caspian said logically understanding why she got spooked.

“While she was working, at a place neither of you are supposed to know about.” Caspian and Holland both turned sharp eyes on the younger wolf. “I’m not supposed to know either, I saw her at a similar show on Friday.” Max said, defending himself from the glares he was getting.

Caspian clapped Max on the back. ”Lad has a point.” Looking pointedly at Holland. “I didn’t have a chance to tell her she was my mate. My dragon was in a mood and let me be too drunk.” Looking at Holland with far more sharpness than Max had received.

“She was marked and claimed.” Caspian said, challenge in his voice as his dragon pushed outward. Max reacted by turn his eyes down. Hating every second he felt how out ranked he was. Holland, barely flinched. Dragon and wolf nearly even.

“Fated.” Holland countered. Both looking at Max who had already said she was his by fate.

Caspian studied Max, then Holland. “Two fated wolves, from different packs, and a bastard dragon.” The dragon mused to himself. Saying nothing else as his mind worked.

“She could be anywhere?” Max interrupted Holland and Caspian as each man considered their current circumstances.

Holland’s face sparked to life for a second. “Come inside boys, we have a lot to discuss.” The broad wolf strode with confidence back into his room, sitting down on one of the chairs. “I have no fucking clue where she could be tonight, but I have a good idea where she is going to be tomorrow morning.” Holland opened the mini fridge and handed everyone a beer. Holland revealed his plan. “She is a flight attendant, flew in this afternoon on a flight, and she isn’t a regular on this run. I fly this route at least once a week. She is going to report for her shift on a flight tomorrow. We just need to be ready to intercept her the moment she arrives.” Holland reclined back in his wing chair. Taking a long pull from the beer bottle.

Max had never watched another man’s Adam's apple bob like he did while he was watching Holland swallow down his beer looking smug that he had solved the problem. Capsian interjected next, “I have no problem sharing, if my mate was gifted fated partners I welcome and accept the gifts given.” A formal tone to his voice, before he returned to the more casual, carefree tone he seemed to have most of the time.

Regardless of how stressed he was. “As we have some time to discuss, we should try and figure out living arrangements.” Caspian, going against his dragon to reveal that at the moment, he had the cash left in his wallet, his one battered suitcase, and his life as the sum total of his assets in the world as his father had disavowed him for mating a human.

Holland continued, “I was close to losing my wolf or turning feral, I have spent nearly nineteen months trying to visit as many packs, places, countries as possible to find my mate. I wanted to find them.” The man said, full of heart and feelings underneath the protective, dominant dad vibes Max was feeling.

“I’m Beta for my best friend, for the past three months since his dad died.” The deep sadness and sense of loss from this death, obvious to Holland and Caspian instantly. The gentlemen spent the evening discussing where and how they could all live together. All eager and anxious for the confrontation they were preparing for tomorrow with their mate.

Max and Holland shared the bed. Caspian slept on the couch in the room. Though considering how on edge everyone was, sleep might have been a strong word. By four in the morning everyone was up, had cleaned up as best they could and were at the airport long before the first flight of the day was scheduled to leave.

It was better than a sunrise as Caspian and Holland both realized at the same time that Holland's gamble had actually paid off. Hannah was approaching the airport. Getting closer every second. "She's coming." Caspian told Max who was deeply jealous that the two older, more powerful men already had a claim on his mate. Fearful that she would reject him when he was finally face to face with her.

Holland put a warm hand on Max's shoulder. "Give her a chance, she can feel the bonds, she'll be drawn to you." He told the younger man to reassure him. Feeling himself drawn to the young wolf, they shared a mate, things were going to get interesting between everyone as soon as the relationship developed. As soon as they had Hannah in front of them.