36. The calm before the storm

Start from the beginning

My mother, on the other hand, after opening the 'Mahalle lezzetli' (neighbourhood delicacies) shop, based on Can's idea, is going strong. The idea of harnessing the skilled hands of many women in the neighbourhood who already shared their food with their neighbours is just perfect. All the ladies in the neighbourhood participate and from morning to night they fill the shop with every food possible. They are paid for this and part of the proceeds, after deducting expenses, is used to finance the work in the neighbourhood that the association takes care of.

Everyone can contribute their own specialities. For example, Mihriban brings her healthy, vegan food whenever she can.

And recently, talking to my father, Can and I suggested putting up a sign to promote the catering service more, since he and Aziz love to barbecue, it might be a good idea to support my mother.

Miriban and Aziz are spreading the word as much as possible to support their in-laws, and the whole of Fikri Harika participated by spreading flyers everywhere. We have been anxiously awaiting the day of the spring festival, (me especially!) where the neighbourhood has always been dressed up for the festival, amidst fragrances and traditions.

For several years I missed it, but this year it was great to be able to participate. Especially for the children.

It makes me extremely proud and happy to introduce the twins to and experience the traditions that have always been part of my family.

Being at an age where curiosity is sky high and eyes always alert and ready to learn new things, it was truly unforgettable.

It was wonderful to see them tasting food created especially for the occasion, having fun with songs, dances, and games. Also present this year were Ayhan, Cey Cey, Osman, Adile and the baby, who took the opportunity to visit their old trainee in the butcher's shop who had worked for them for years. He became the new owner by taking over their old family business.

As for me, on the other hand, the Sanem is proceeding apace. The release of the 'Pink Lady' line internationally could not have made me happier. Especially considering its history.

All it started as a personalised gift for Deren's baby shower with the name 'Pembe gul' (Pink Rose), in honour of her grandmother and more. In fact, the whole line, consisting of oil, cream, scrub, cleanser and perfume is all based on different roses. I worked on it for months. Every time she told me how she had pain in her legs, or stretch marks and all that, I asked myself: "Sanem? How come it never occurred to you to create a line for pregnant women? You still have your grandmother's recipe book, why not use it?" After all, I know very well what it means to see your body change to make room for a new life. In my case, three! Whenever she asked me for advice, I responded with the methods recommended by my grandmother, and so the idea of creating a personalised gift inspired by hers was born.

Her expression when she realized what they were was priceless. When she received it she was shocked, but happy. She was my first customer, and seeing the results, she proposed to put it on the market.

And so it was. But with a different name proposed by Deren herself, sure that it would have been a great success abroad. Pink Lady, to be precise.

Another novelty was the children's fragrances, inspired by my beloved little birds.

Three fragrances: a fresh and sparkling one reminiscent of a sea breeze, a warm and enveloping one reminiscent of burning wood with a pungent note, and another, eternal, intense, natural, impervious and unattainable like an edelweiss, with a note of sweetness.

In the agency we have concluded some very good contracts, and for a few weeks now, after several years, we have been working with Makinnon and his secretary, Mrs Minè, again. (ex Fabbri secretary)

They too are pleasing the market. It is certainly a gamble, considering that children's perfumes usually only have super sweet and sometimes nauseating fragrances reminiscent of candies, and in some cases, even cough syrups. Could it just be my nose that repulses them because I am used to more natural fragrances? Probably.

The best thing about all this, however, has been the children's appreciation. Now every morning they are super happy to be able to spray their own fragrances, so another dream of mine has come true.

Although they have to learn to dose themselves. Sometimes they overdo it in the shower! The air becomes unbreathable! My God... when I think about it, I get nauseous.

But that's normal, isn't it? Every perfume, even the most delicious in excessive quantities, becomes nauseating...

What can I say? As for the rest... well, something else is cooking at the moment. But it's still too early to talk about it.

__________________________

Hello readers :)

As always, thank you for reading this chapter, the 36th.

I recommend that you prepare yourselves psychologically for the next chapter.

See you soon with the next one!