Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

"You're really not in a place to negotiate, Philips," James chuckled. "I have the high ground." You looked at him, annoyed he'd really just quoted Star Wars of all things. "You have everything to lose in my hands, here."

"That's what you think." Trevor looked at Mark and bared his teeth in rage. "You."

"What about it?" Mark smirked, proud of himself for getting on Trevor's nerves.

"You stupid fucking turd!" Trevor bellowed. "What the fuck is wrong with you, jerking off on a video of my girlfriend being tortured?"

"Huh?" You turned to look at the man holding your hair in confusion. You weren't aware that happened.

"What's wrong with you?" James snapped. "Thinking you have any room to speak. I'm over this, Mark, kill the bitch." Your heart dropped as you felt the barrel press into your temple even harder. "Neither of you are getting out of here alive-"

The sound of a gunshot temporarily deafened you, and immediately, you scrunched your eyes shut. Being dead felt... wet. You were surprised you still had consciousness. It was upsetting. You'd missed out on so much in your life that you were looking forward to. Figuring out a name for Raspbaby, seeing him grow up, having a good life with Trevor... all of that had just been thrown away. You feared for both Raspbaby and Trevor's well-being.

After a couple seconds, you could faintly hear crying. You opened your eyes, and to your astonishment, you were still alive. On either side of you, Mark and James lay dead. The wetness you were feeling was their blood painted on either side of your face and torso. Trevor had walked past you and picked up a blanket that had been tossed onto the nightstand yesterday evening as you looked behind you to see who'd shot James and Mark; you were pretty sure you saw Ron and Michael leaving the window. Once Trevor had the blanket, he offered it to you. "To cover yourself up. I can take her."

"No," you said hurriedly, "I got it." You quickly wrapped the blanket around yourself as if it were a towel, and you bent to the ground to pick up a pistol. There were still gunshots outside, and you wanted to be protected.

After you stood up, you looked down at the bodies that laid on the ground, mostly James. He had the nerve to reject your pleads for a hospital, he tortured you, but worst of all, he hurt Raspbaby, whose only crime was being born in this place. You began kicking his head repeatedly, harder and harder, until there was a dent in his skull and his brain began to leak out. "Fuck you, fuck you, you fucking asshole, rot in hell! You! Hurt! My! Baby!" you screamed. You didn't stop until Trevor caught your attention.

"That shit's really fucking hot, you know," Trevor murmured in a low voice, grabbing a lump in his black sweatpants as he stared at you.

"Shut up," you snapped. "I'm... I'm sorry. He's a piece of shit, the world's better off without him."

"I saw in the videos," Trevor said earnestly. "I'm gonna take care of every one of those sick fuckers out there. Stay in here so she doesn't get hurt, okay?"

"Wait," you said hurriedly. You'd noticed a hole in the shoulder of his shirt that was quickly turning crimson. "Come here and let me look at that."

"I know it's there," he said. "I'll be fine, s'not the first time. We gotta get you two out of here, though. We can talk more once these assholes are gone." The expression on Trevor's face seemed to be one of hurt when he looked at Raspbaby before he stormed out the door.

What was that face? You tried to decipher what the odd look Trevor had given Raspbaby meant as you tried to calm him down. "Shh, I know that was loud," you comforted, trying to wipe as much foreign blood off his head as you could. "It'll be done soon, and we'll get you checked out to make sure you're healthy, then we can go home, sweetheart, okay?"