New Years [scarian]

Hopefully this makes you happy, @GoodTimesWithJellie
Believe it or not I've had this one in drafts for quite a while

Everything Grian feels in this is literally based off of personal experience, kinda hoping someone else might relate ngl

Tw:slight panic attack

___________________

"Why am I even going to a New Years party?" Grian groans. "Because it's fun. And I want cookies" scar answers him, as if he was ready to say 'I told you so' once Grian goes and enjoys it. (By force if needed.)

"Scar, I told you. I don't like parties. And besides, I couldn't care less about New Years" Scar makes a sad face at the short hermit's response. "Well, why not?" He asks. "The whole concept is just- well, wack. Why do we need to celebrate another year closer to our collective inevitable destruction?" Grian's wings puffed up, as if he were trying to look scarier to prove a point.

"Grian those are big words.." scar mumbles. "And besides, not only is the concept of the Holiday stupid, the way people romanticize it is even worse!"

At this moment, Scar realized Grian would just keep rambling. Except, instead of ignoring him, Scar decided to hear him out. Maybe he could help Grian like New Years again.

"People are always saying stupid stuff like 'oh New Years is so romantic' or 'oh what about the New Years kiss' like I care! Well I don't! I've been on this server for years and I've never had a New Years kiss or whatever garbage that's about!" He continued.

Ohhh I get it Scar thought to himself.

"Listen, Scar, you're my friend, so I'll go if you want me to" Grian sighs, looking Scar in the eyes, "but just know I won't enjoy it"

Scar's face instantly lights up as he runs up to Grian to hug him, "thank you, Grian!! I'll make sure you have fun, I promise!" He squeals. "Yeah, yeah, you're welcome Scar. Now go, I have to change" Grian blushes, smiling.

As Scar walks out of the room, Grian wonders why he ever agreed to this. He opens his closet, and stands in front of it for about a minute, just lost in thought. He wonders what the party would be like, if anything like his last few New Years parties. Last year, everyone ignored him when he tried to talk. A few years before that, he got sick right before and couldn't go. And many years ago, back in Evo, he didn't even know New Years had passed, but he sure did hear a bunch of stories that "he had to be there to understand".

But, alas, he was going to another New Years party. However, maybe this time it was different. He was going with one of his friends, Scar. Maybe it wouldn't be like the past years. Maybe he'd enjoy it.

He snapped back to reality, and grabbed an outfit without really focusing on which one. It was a white button-down with a soft reddish vest and jeans. He slipped on the outfit and didn't bother fixing his wild hair, nor hiding his colorful wings.

"Scar you rea- ah- ready..?" Grian mentally screamed at himself for stammering like that. But then again, how could he not?

Scar walked out of the bathroom wearing black cargo pants, with gold chains hanging from his belt. He had a black button up under a dark green vest. His slightly long hair was slicked back, revealing his pointy ears.

"Ready to go, Grian?" He asked, smiling. "Great now I look underdressed" Grian mumbled, slightly louder than expected. "Grian it's okay! You know I just like dressing up for fun!" Scar assured him, "besides, you look amazing, G! Now let's go, it's only a 30 minute drive from your house to Ren's"

Scar grabbed Grian's arm and practically dragged him outside and into the passenger seat of his car. Jellie followed close behind, taking a seat behind Scar.