Meanwhile, Alejandro finds out that Aranza has invited Hector and Gina to her father's memorial. What annoys him most is that because it's a memorial, he cannot do anything without looking insensitive. Gina tells Armando, Luisa, Anna Patricia, Clara, Ramon, and Martin. They are of course worried about the emotional toll it will take on the twins. Hector and Gina, however, assure them that they will be fine. With all that going on, Hector receives a call from an old friend. His name is Rafael. He is going on leave for two weeks and wants someone he can trust to watch over his house.

Later,

Hector is in his cubicle. It's nearly 4:30 pm and most of the staff had already left. Even he is about to leave and go and get Adrianna who was discussing some work-related issues with some colleagues from sales. Marianna enters the set of cubicles in which Hector works and walks towards him. She greets him and asks him what he is doing. He shows her. When Hector's eyes are still transfixed on the computer, as he's typing a website name, Marianna looks up momentarily and sees Adrianna approaching, the office door.

Adrianna enters. Hector still hasn't noticed her presence. Marianna catches him off guard and kisses him. Hector quickly but gently pushes her aside. He is just about to scold her when he sees Adrianna. She looks hurt and teary. Adrianna turns and begins walking away. Hector goes after her. Marianna smiles and says to herself that things have just begun and that this should be quite fun.

Meanwhile,

Hector catches up with Adrianna and holds one of her hands. Adrianna looks up at him and says she should apologize for interrupting his and Marianna's great moment of passion. He holds her chin up and she faces him again. He tells her that Marianna ambushed him and she is up to her usual plans. He adds that the only one he has a passion for is her. Adrianna looks at him like she does not believe him. Adrianna asks him why he entertains Marianna. She adds that he encouraged her flirting by indulging her questions when she sits near him.

Hector says he always assumed she was harmless, a little flirty but harmless, that is until that day. He adds that she is probably obsessed with him. Adrianna says that he in one way or another encouraged her flirting. She adds that by indulging her she thought he welcomed it. Adrianna also asks him what he was doing with her alone in the office twice. Hector says he was busy with his own things and he would not plan to be alone with Marianna. He looks at her and she is slightly calmer. He says they should go back to his cubicle.

Meanwhile, Gina and Antonio are in his cubicle. Most people in the IT department have left for the weekend as well. She tells him Clara had called and wanted to see her and Hector that day. Antonio says it's okay, and that she should enjoy that she has great grandparents with whom she had a great relationship because life is short. She comes and hugs him.

Elsewhere,

Adrianna watches Hector and asks him what's wrong. He says he was thinking about a favor he agreed to do for a friend. Adrianna asks him what favor he meant. Hector tells her about the friend who is going on leave for two weeks to the countryside, and how he agreed to house sit. Adrianna asks him how he will go about it. He says he is still thinking about it but he is not sure, whether agreeing was a good idea. Adrianna says she has the perfect idea. Hector looks at her suspiciously. She asks him what he is so worried about. He says Aranza usually also says she has the perfect idea right before she proposes something crazy.

Adrianna smiles at the thought of her cousin then says that she should come and stay with him at his friend's house for two weeks. Hector is very shocked. He tells her that it's a crazy idea, that her aunt would not approve. Adrianna says that her aunt is way too old-fashioned. She adds that nothing will change because they will still go to work and meet up with family and friends during the day. Hector is still unconvinced and remembers how much Helena hates him and Gina. This will just give her more ammunition. Adrianna says that they are in a relationship and it will be consensual. Hector looks at her quietly. He really does want to stay with her but what will people say? He agrees though he is still wary of people's reactions.

Later, Martin, Aurelio, Hector, and Gina go to their grandparent's house. Clara sends Martin and Aurelio to the store to get salt. Martin knows better than to argue with his grandmother when she is set on something. Now it's just Anna Patricia, Armando, Luisa, Clara, Ramon, Hector, and Gina.

Meanwhile outside the store: Aurelio asks Martin what Clara wanted to talk to Hector and Gina about that she didn't want them to be present. Martin, of course, knew the truth but the family decided not to tell Aurelio anything to spare him the effects of the fallout once the twins' identity was revealed. Martin says Clara has her reasons and maybe soon they will know the truth. He says they should trust their grandmother's judgment.

Elsewhere,

Luisa asks them how they feel about going to their father's memorial. Gina says it will be hard to remain calm and neutral especially with Carlos and Helena there. Armando hugs her, as she looks emotional and sad. Hector says it will be harder because they will see their mother's grave as well. Ramon tells them to be careful because Helena and Carlos are dangerous.

Back at the Montes De Alba mansion,

Adrianna asks to speak to Helena. She tells her aunt that she will be staying with Hector. As expected Helena causes a fracas over the issue. She scolds Adrianna. Adrianna says she and Hector love each other and there is nothing wrong with what they are doing. Helena says that she raised her to be a lady and not to run off with some riff-raff. Adrianna says Hector is intelligent, honorable, and hard-working. Helena scoffs at this and says that if he was so honorable, he would not treat a lady like her in such a manner. Adrianna says he loves her and treats her with respect. Adrianna leaves before Helena ruins her mood further. Helena's dislike for Hector grows deeper.