CHAPTER 2

Friday reaches and Aranza goes to a club with friends. Hector is there too with a friend. Everyone in Aranza's group has too much to drink. A creep in the club goes and tries to Assault Aranza, and a scuffle ensues among the parties involved. The man uses the fact that the 2 teens are drunk to lie that Aranza is his girlfriend and, the 2 teens stole her when he went to the gents. The two teens begin getting disorderly and are kicked out leaving Aranza defenseless and alone. The creep smiles knowing he has a free easy lay for the night. Hector wakes up to go to the gents, and out of curiosity decides to peek in, to see the crazy girl, thankful Gina was not as reckless as a teen. When he sees it is Aranza, he decides to help her. She could be his sister. Hector knows the creep will put up a fight but the thought that he planned to make Aranza just another call girl or rape her angered him. He goes in and as expected the creep puts up a fight.

Hector says the girl is his boss's, Mrs. Helena Alvarez, daughter, and that the creep does not know her, he is simply taking advantage of her being drunk. The creep gets angry and wants to put up a fight. Hector adds that Aranza is underage. On hearing this, the owner ignores the creep's threats and protests, telling Hector to leave with Aranza. He is afraid of legal trouble, especially since the girl is Madame Helena's daughter. Hector decides to take her to his house. In the state Aranza is in, she could not face, her mother. Gina is shocked to see her brother with a drunken girl but is even more shocked when he says it is Aranza. They take her to Gina's room. Hector seats on a chair in the living room. Gina asks him what happened.

Meanwhile, Carlos asks Helena if she is worried about Aranza's safety, and she says no. Helena says the girl has probably overslept at a friend's house. Helena notices Carlos is quiet and asks him what he is thinking about. He asks her what she thinks happened to Gabriel. Helena shakes her head and says that even if Gabriel survived, the injuries would have killed him soon after.

Back at Hector's and Gina's house,

Hector tells her. Aurelio is away with friends, so they can talk freely. Gina asks Hector if he believes Aranza is their sister. He admits he is unsure, because Helena and Carlos had known each other for some time, and had probably been lovers for a long time. Gina says that either way they should help her where they can and he agrees. Hector's phone rings. It is Luisa, calling to check up on them. Both she and Armando talk to each of their kids separately. Gina and Hector are advised to be careful, and not victimize Aranza, Adrianna, and Antonio. Luisa reminds them how cunning Helena and Carlos can be. They also call Martin, who also talks to his mother, Anna Patricia.

The next morning, Aranza is surprised, to find herself in a strange bed. Her head is aching, and she feels horrible. She wakes up, and not finding a bathroom in the bedroom like she did in her room, she leaves the room to look for one. She finds one and vomits. She flushes and leaves. Gina heard her and leaves Aurelio's room, where she was sleeping. Aranza is afraid when she sees Gina but Gina reassures her that she means no harm. Aranza asks what she is doing here, and Gina tells her. Aranza asks where Hector is, and Gina says he is still sleeping. Gina gets her painkillers and makes her tea. An hour after, Hector wakes up. Aranza is afraid when he tells her that they have to call her mother. Hector says that he knows that she is afraid but it is the right thing to do because her family must be afraid. Aranza relents but asks him to call Adrianna instead.

Hector calls Adrianna. Adrianna decides to go and pick up her cousin. To avoid causing suspicion at the house or arouse interest in the hood, she decides to take public transport. Adrianna had just left the house and was checking for something in her bag when she felt someone put their hands around her. She looks up and sees Alejandro. Adrianna wiggles and glares at him. Today more than ever, she has no time for his nonsense. Alejandro asks her where she is going in a hurry. She says a friend needs help because of post hangover complications. He offers to take her and she refuses. Adriana tells him to leave her alone and that he is a closet psycho. She adds that she is never going back to him. She then leaves. Alejandro looks at her. She is a wildflower that he will tame.