chapter forty nine

Start from the beginning

My Love #1
It's so weird when you say that

                                                                 Haechan
                                     STOP THINKING WEIRD

My Love #1
I'M NOT

Jaemin sits on his couch, watching TV. A knock on the door sends him panicking.

Because of his outfit.

He pulls off his cropped t-shirt and leaves it on the couch before going to the door. He looks out the peephole and sees that it's Jisung, which still keeps him a little panicked because he has evidence in plain sight.

"Is everything alright?" Jisung asks as he steps into the apartment.

"I'm fine."

"What does that mean to you?"

Jaemin stays quiet, not having a response to Jisungs question. He knows things aren't alright with him, either, but he has no reasons for why. He has no idea what's wrong.

Jisung wraps his arms around his best friend and waddles them into the living room and over to the couch. Jaemin stiffens in his arms as panic rises in him. The shirt is right there.

Don't notice it, don't notice it, don't notice it...

But of course he does.

"Is this your shirt?" Jisung asks, going over pick it up.

Jaemin looks away, not wanting to see his reaction once he realizes. Noticing how quiet it is, Jisung looks up to find his best friend silently crying. He drops the shirt and stands to hug Jaemin again.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

A few minutes pass before Jaemin speaks. With trembling lips, he points to the lump of fabric on the couch. "The shirt."

"What's wrong with it?"

"Look at it."

"What?"

Jaemin takes a shaky breath and grabs the shirt for Jisung and hands it him. Jisung flips the shirt to it's original side and holds it up. More tears fall as Jaemin watches Jisung stare at the shirt and then look at him.

"Jaemin."

"What?" Jaemin asks, almost sobbing at this point.

Jisung brings him into a hug again, holding Jaemin as tight as he possibly can. Jaemin shakes against him, trying to handle the fact that Jisung knows. Even if he hasn't said anything besides his name, he's still terrified.

"Jaemin, I love you."

"I love you too", Jaemin mumbles into his shoulder, holding Jisung equally as tight. So he doesn't leave him.

"I think you'd look great in a crop top."

"Hm?"

Jisung looks into Jaemins eyes as he says, "I'm sure you look great in crop tops."

"It's not just crop tops."

"Baby", Jisung says softly, "you're perfect. And you stay perfect, no matter what you wear. They're clothes, they're for you to express yourself. Wear whatever you want. I would never judge you."

"Thank you."

"Don't thank me for being a decent person, I'm supposed to do that."

"Are you sure I won't look weird?"