Chapter 15: Something Ventured, Someone Framed part 3

Cut to the cafeteria as Bo sees the doors open and a cloud of fog rolls in. Eda enters, ghosts falling onto the floor behind her. She dumps a writing bag at Principal Bump's feet.

Eda: ( strains ) There. The girls' changing room is ghost free.

Principal Bump: Are you ready to give up? ( Takes a ghost out of Eda's hair. ) You've barely scratched the surface.

Eda growls. She turns and sees Bo helping Skara with a spell.

Bo: No, like this.

Bo summons a ball of fire, which turns into a snowball that splats onto the table.

Skara: ( gasps ) Oh. ( Does the same. ) Wow.

Bo and Skara hug.

Skara: Friendship is the real magic!

Eda: They're just as bad as Mery and Luz. They'd love it here. ( Turns back to Principal Bump. ) All right. What's next, Bumpikins?

Principal Bump grins and holds up a plunger. Eda groans. Cut to detention.

Luz: How is this detention? This is a death sentence!

Mery: This is basically what I pictured what prison looks like! ( She said honestly as she was holding Fluffball protectively )

Fluffball: What's prison? ( He asked innocently )

Mery: A place where sanity goes to die. ( She said honestly )

Gus: I don't know! I've never been in detention before!

Mattholomule: Welcome to my world.-

Mery: Who is he?

Fluffball: He's a meanie ( he said with a pout )

Mattholomule: ( ignores Mery and Fluffball ) Believe it or not, at my old school I was in detention plenty of times.

Luz: That isn't hard to believe. You're kind of a jerk.

Mattholomule: Well, down in detention, this jerk is king. So, if you wanna get out, you better do exactly what I say. ( Walks forward. ) But first, before anything else, we gotta- ( Yelps )

A snake rises out of the hole. It wraps a blue tendril around Mattholomule's ankle.

Mattholomule: ( grunts. ) Already?  ( Screams as he's dragged down )

Fluffball: Thank you! ( He said to the snake with a smile )

Luz: Mattholomule! ( To Gus ) You lied to us. You lied about the ban! Why?

Fluffball: ( hair straightens a little ) Gus lied?

Mery held Fluffball close to prevent the snakes from getting him as she was making her way to Luz with Gus.

Gus: I was afraid. I acted stupid.

Luz: Yes, you did!

Gus: Being younger than everyone is hard. ( Makes his way to Luz ) You're overlooked. Ignored.

Fluffball's hair straightens completely as he remembers the pain of being younger than everyone, Mery held Fluffball slightly closer to comfort him.