Chapter 12: Having Fun with Hootsifer ( Short Chap )

A/n: This happens during Once Upon a Swap. Enjoy the chapter.

____________________________________________________________________________

Mery was alone at the Owl house with Hooty, Chirp, and Sparkle. Sparkle was sleeping on the couch while Hooty and Chirp we're playing in a mud puddle as Mery was reading her Forgotten Advanced Spells book once again.

Hooty: ( opens the door ) Come on Mer Mer, you need a break from all that reading your doing.

Mery: Sorry, Hooty. But I need to learn more spells.

Hooty: You don't need to.

Mery: Yes, I do. I need to behave at home and learn magic like I should.

Hooty looked at Mery with a sad expression.

Hooty: You said that you were apart of something called " the foster system " right?

Mery: Yes, what of it-

Hooty: Did the people that were apart of this system made you feel that? ( He asked with concern )

Mery didn't say anything, she just looked away from Hooty with a sad expression. Hooty then went to Mery, took the book away from her hands and place it on the couch next to Sparkle, and picked Mery up by the back of her shirt.

Mery: Hooty! What the fluff?!

Hooty then carries Mery outside and drops her in the mud puddle he and Chirp were playing in.

Hooty: Big Brother Hooty says that you need a break. Today let's just have have.

Hooty then started giggling maniacally as he plays in the mud with Chirp. Mery's mood soon changed and she began to play in the mud with Hooty and Chirp. Mery grab some mud and threw it at Hooty.

Hooty: That's the spirit, Hoot hoot!

( Hours later )

The three were now dirtier than before, Mery sees Eda, King, and Luz flying Owlbert to the Owl house.

Hooty: Guys? Today's my monthly cleaning. Hoot, hoot.

Mery: He's 20% mucus but don't let that stop you. ( She said with smile )

Hooty: C'mon, I have so many hard to reach spots that need swabbing.

Cut to Eda, King, and Luz.

Eda: damnit Hooty got my own daughter and her pet to join him to make a mess in the mud.

Luz: Maybe if we all work together we could-

Eda and King: Not it.

Luz: Aw, man.

____________________________________________________________________________
That's it for this chapter, I hope you like it

What do you think about Mery and Hooty's relationship?

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜