Chapter 10: Lost in Language part 1

Open on the Owl house living room, where Luz is reading from The Good Witch Azura 5 to King and Chirp on the couch while Mery was pulling some stuff out of her hair. Sparkle was currently in King's arms like he was a teddy bear, he's pretty much used to it now.

Luz: " Azura " Hecate began " Our paths have only crossed in battle. But today I stand before you seeking an ally " ( sighs )

King: Luz, you're getting all swoony again.

Luz: I can't help it. Azura is able to befriend everyone. Even her biggest rival. I wish I had that kind of power.

Mery: ( pulls a metal bat out of her hair and tosses it to the side ) everyone has that kind of power, Luz. Some of them are just too stubborn to use it. ( She said casually )

King: Rivals are meant to be annihilated, not befriended. Now keep reading. I've been sucked into your awful fandom.

Chirp chirps excitedly as he waits for Luz to continue reading.

Luz: Okay. Suddenly the door swung open-

Hooty: ( swings the door open ) Ding-dong. Ding. Hoot! Hoot!

King: The book has come to life! Burn it!

Mery: ( pulls a jug of gasoline out of her hair ) I don't even know when I put this in there ( she said honestly )

Luz goes to the door and finds a basket.

Luz: Hmm?

Cut to the kitchen, the basket was on the kitchen table. Sparkle was sniffing at it while Mery was standing next to Luz, holding Chirp in her arms.

Luz: Eda, you got a package.

Mery: It looks like a gift basket.

Eda: Probably an offering. Ah! Being the most powerful witch in the Boiling isles has it's perks.

King, wearing a bib, grunts as he pulls a blanket off the top of the basket, revealing a snoring bat baby.

King: ( rubbing his paws together ) Mm. Fresh meat.

Mery: King! ( She said scolding to King )

Luz: No, not eating that.

Eda: Witches eating babies is so 1693. What is this?

Mery: There's a note.

King: ( grabs the note ) Take care of my child till morning. Yi Yi.

Eda: Nope. Babies are awful, specially when their teething. Not happening.

King: " You will be handsomely rewarded. X-O-X-O-X-O-X. Bat Queen."

Eda: Bat Queen?

King pulls a few snails out of the basket. Eda's eyes widened.

Eda: Reward?

Mery: Who's the Bat Queen?

King and Sparkle sniffed at the snails.