Chapter 13: Something Ventured, Someone Framed part 1 ( short )

Open on a Hexside classroom, in which is the Human Appreciation Society. Various human items, incorrectly labeled, are on a desk as well as a muzzle was hanging on the door's handle. Among them are a cheese grater labeled " nail clippers ", a bag  of chips closed with a flip phone labeled " Whoopie cushion ", an upside down umbrella hat filled with leaves labeled " food bowl ", a Rubik's cube labeled " weapon? ", and a paper clip labeled " pay-per-clorp ".

Gus: Behold. The wonders of the human realm. ( Picks up the paper clip. ) This little fella's one of their most valued objects. It aids in the compelling of printed wisdom, the scratching of gunk under your nails, and my favorite... It even mimics the sounds of the human ocean.

Gus proceeds to twang the paper clip.

Gus: Aah! The human realm. So beautiful. ( Walks over to the chalkboard. ) It's safe to say that the pay-per-clorp is a stunning testament to human ingenuity. Any questions?

He turns around to face the rest of the club. Eileen, Bo, and the unicorn bard track student are all falling asleep, and Mattholomule looks thoroughly bored while a boy that looked to be nine years old with fluffy white hair, red eyes, ivory pale skin, wearing the illusion track Hexside uniform with a pin that said " 0 accidents ", was on all fours in the corner, and had a fluffy wolf tail and floppy wolf ears. The boy then started chasing his tail a few times before stopping and started gagging preparing to barf.

Gus: Fluffball!

Gus quickly grabbed a small trash bin that was labeled " Fluffball's barf bin " and quickly gave it to the young boy known as Fluffball before he barfed.

Gus: ( rubs Fluffball's back as Fluffball puked in the bin ) I told you to go easy on the tail chases, buddy.

Mattholomule raises his hand as Fluffball finished puking in the bin.

Gus: Ah! Our newest member: Mattholomule.

Mattholomule: A-Augustus, is this what the president of the Human Appreciation Society thinks passes as " Human Artifacts "?

Gus And Fluffball shared a confused look.

Mattholomule: Because at my old school, ( pushes aside Gus's stuff ) we had real treasures.

Mattholomule empties his bag onto the desk, dumping out a rock painted to look like a cellphone, an egg with a skull painted on it, and a shoe made out of mud, leaves, and twigs. They're labeled " cellular phone ", " human skull ", and " sports footwear " respectively. The other members of the club gasp and lean closer to them.

Bo: So real.

Boy: Wow!

Bo: I-I wanna touch them.

Mattholomule: Go ahead. In my club, we didn't have any dumb rules.

Gus: ( gasps and turns to his list of rules ) Shh. He didn't mean that.

Fluffball stayed beside Gus with his tail wagging.

Fluffball: Don't worry Augustus, I don't think the rules are stupid ( he said to Gus with a smile )

Gus glares at everyone touching Mattholomule's objects, then takes them away.

Boy: Hey!