Chapter 11: Lost in Language part 2

Mery and Luz entered the Owl house.

Luz: We just had the best day. Cool teens like us. Call us library books 'cause they were checking us out.

Mery: Luz, relax. They are just normal teens like us, well I'm not normal per say but still. ( She said casually )

Mery and Luz looked over to the couch to see Eda cradling the baby bat. Sparkle went in the kitchen and grabbed a few baby bottles of milk for Chirp who was still sleeping soundly in Mery's hair.

Luz: Aw, Eda, you look so motherly.

Eda: Say that again and I steal your tongue.

Mery: Aw, come on Mom, not in front of the baby-

The baby then wakes and barfs out a smaller version of itself, as does that version. They all chirp and flap their wings.

Mery: Oh, that's just not right ( she said with a horrified expression )

Luz: Whoa!

The bats fly upwards, still chirping. As soon as one of them started breathing fire, Mery jumped through the window with Sparkle following after her as Eda, King, and Luz screamed and run away from the couch.

Eda: Aw come on, Owlet! What's with werewolves and jumping through windows!

Mery: So that's why I always have the instinct to jump out a window when I feel like I'm in danger ( she said to herself )

Luz then leaves the Owl house and the two girls quickly started walking away from the house. Cut to the library that night, crickets chirping. Luz is pacing next to a pillar while Mery was patiently waiting by the other pillar next to Luz. Mery saw that the twins were watching, but she wanting Luz to figure that out on her own.

Luz: Gotta be cool. ( Rests her arm on the pillar ) Cool? ( Leans against the pillar ) Cool. ( Grunts as she kneels down while throwing a peace sign; groans and drops her head )

Emira: Keep going.

Luz: Huh? ( falls )

Emira: ( leaning against the opposite pillar ) This is fun to watch.

Mery: It's Luz, she's always fun to watch.

Edric: You two ready to bring this whole, uh, whatever Luz was doing inside?

Mery: Yes, I'm freezing my freckles off here.

Edric laughed a little at Mery's response as they all approached the door.

Edric: It says no trespassing but I'm allergic to the rules. ( Pulls out a piece of paper and hands it to Emira. )

Emira: and Dairy.

Edric: Wow, okay. Just expose me.

Mery: ( puts a hand on Edric's shoulder, causing him to blush a little ) It's okay, Ed. I'm allergic to peanuts, so no big deal ( she said with a smile )

The paper glows. Emira puts it against the lock on the door. The paper crumbles.

Luz: Wow!