19

Louis is sure he spent more than thirty embarrassing minutes laying on his bed with his mind running around the room.

his mind isn't racing about the fact that he'll be all alone in this distasteful case. neither is it thinking about how harry will work on another stressful case. his mind is shamefully revolving around the bittersweet idea of letting harry slip through his fingers. the idea of him and Harry being away from each other makes anxiety sprout in his stomach, and he's still yet to find an answer to why that happens.

apart from the obvious fact that he is supporting feelings for harry, or whatever.

he doesn't let his thoughts consume him and instead, jumps off the bed when he hears the tires of Harry's car sounding infront of his house. he waits anxiously in the room for harry to open the door so he can come out and doesn't paint himself overly excited. because he is.

when Harry rustles with the front door, Louis decides to step out of his room.

"lou?" harry calls out and Louis appears infront of him as if his stomach didn't just leap out of it's fucking place all over a nickname.

harry smiles when his eyes catch onto the sight of Louis. Harry's changed into a black sweater that Louis noticed was laying in Anne's house. his hair is in a bun but hair strands are decorating his forehead and god, Louis is so , so, so fucked.

"hey" Louis shortly answers with a smile "how was everything?"

harry crosses the distance between them in one step and wraps his arms around louis' waist "good, I packed all my stuff from Mom's place"

Louis hums as he tucks a strand of fallen hair behind Harry's ear "that's good" his eyes tumble along Harry's lips. now that they've kissed once, Louis wants to kiss him all the time.

harry notices and copies the movement before his eyes flicker back to louis' eyes "louis can i-"

"Yes" Louis breathes and stands on his tiptoes to push their lips together, hand cupping the back of Harry's neck for support. harry sighs into his lips and cups louis' jaw, his other hand settling on his hips. harry tongue swipes over louis' bottom lips, silently asking for permission that Louis immediately grants. they slot against each other lazily, nothing but passion ruling them.

harry pulls back and brushes a hand through louis' hair "we have to-"

"I don't want to talk" Louis kisses him again to silence him, but harry gently brushes him away.

"I'm sorry baby but we have to" Harry's mumbles.

it's quiet as louis rummages around the kitchen to provide two cups of tea for them as harry silently watches. at one point harry removes himself from the counter and goes over to kiss Louis then crawl back into his place, smiling when he notices the Rosy blush on louis' cheeks.

when he's done, they sit on the dining table with an undeniable tension around them.

"so?" Louis asks as a conversation starter.

"I don't have access to the files anymore" harry informs gingerly, awaiting for louis' reaction. louis' eyes remain settled on his cup of tea.

he looks up at Harry "I'm happy for you, H."

harry stares at him and suddenly, something shifts in his eyes "why did you do it?"

Louis shrugs "you don't like the case."

"neither do you"

they soak in the silence.

it takes a minute for their finger tips to touch and another minute before harry is engulfing louis' hand with his own, rubbing his thumb over Louis' knuckles "Noah and Alex called, they'd like to hangout with us in the pub today"