3

the drive to the boyfriend's house is abused by silence, an awkward atmosphere haunting the car as Louis takes not so subtly glances at harry as he drives them to their destination

the drive to the boyfriend's house is abused by silence, an awkward atmosphere haunting the car as Louis takes not so subtly glances at harry as he drives them to their destination. he looks angry, as if he's being forced to babysit Louis.

"so, when did you start working as a detective?" Louis asks , trying to fill in the void in the car and get to know Harry. Harry softens the grip on the car wheel and clears his throat. "three years ago, was just about your age." he reveals and Louis tilts his head to the side.

"you're 22?" Louis asks, though he knows the answer. Harry doesn't look older than 25, or younger than 20, but he still looks young, as if nature kissed his cheeks and with the palm of her hands smoothed every wrinkle on his face.

"yep" he pulls over to the side of the road. "we're here." his voice is strangled and caged, and Louis only then realizes that Harry had forced himself to talk to the suspect, just so he wouldn't leave Louis alone.

"you don't like talking to suspects?" his tongue is speaking before louis' mind registers what he's saying. Harry looks at him, eyes assessing Louis face as if he needs to memorize him or Louis would disappear. "not really, no"

"you can stay in the car , I'll go talk to him" louis decides and reaches for the doorknob but Harry tightly holds his wrist, trapping his movements.

"are you out of your mind, again?"

Louis shoots harry a confused glance, unable to move or think. harry looks upset, lips turned into a frown and eyebrows furrowed tightly. "I'm not letting you go into the house of a possible murderer" he barks out, leaving no space for arguing as he lets go of louis' arm and hops out of the car, Louis following shortly after.

Harry walks towards the door with Louis by his side, shoulders brushing with each step taken. the house looks normal, like any normal house would look like, but the undeniable tension and coldness messes with louis' mind. Harry is the one who knocks.

"Harry, I told you , I'll talk to him" Louis offers when he notices Harry's booted foot bouncing up and down, lips trapped between his pearly teeth. Harry shoots him a glare and looks around, almost as if he's trying to find something that has been haunting hum for years.

the door opens and a pale boy looks at them through the small creak of the door. his eyes are a pale brown, mistaken for grey as sadness paints his eyes. he notices the outfit of the two detectives and immediately opens the door, wide enough for them to walk through.

"hello, sir, I'm detective styles along with my partner, detective Tomlinson, we're here to ask a few questions about the case of Astrid Donovan, is that alright?" Harry speaks, bottling in the waver in his voice deep down inside of his heart. it saddens Louis, that Harry has to bottle his feelings in.

"yes please, come in!"

they both let their eyes wander around the place, analyzing a few things that a normal eye wouldn't take notice of. Louis taken notices of a few things a normal human wouldn't support, like a gun shelling laying on the tablr, like a place that nearly shines in the afternoon light from being cleaned a lot.