31: Warm light for Mankind.

Start from the beginning

"No hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing." He says tapping Thor's arm.

"Also, it means the portal can open as wide, and stay open as long, as Loki wants." I continue.

"Uh, raise the mid-mast, ship the top sails. That man is playing Galaga! Thought we wouldn't notice. But we did. How does Fury do this?" Dad asks covering one of his eyes.

"He turns." Agent Hill replies in a bored tone.

"Well, that sounds exhausting. The rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. Only major component he still needs is a power source. A high energy density, something to kick start the cube." Dad says tapping different screens. I noticed he put something under one of the monitors.

I wouldn't have if I didn't watch his every move and if I didn't know him well enough, I just brush over it. His eyes meet mine and I raise my brows at him, he simply shrugs.

"When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" Agent Hill asks, unimpressed.

"Since Lisa took a liking to it and dropped books and notes all over the place. And also the packet, Selvig's notes, the Extraction Theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?" Dad asks, nobody answers.

"Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?" Steve asks.

"He's got to heat the cube to a hundred and twenty million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier." Bruce says.

"Unless, Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect." I said and dad nods.

"Well, if he could do that he could achieve Heavy Ion Fusion at any reactor on the planet." Bruce concludes.

"Finally, another person who speaks English." Dad says.

"Is that what just happened?" Steve asks in a soft voice.

"That's his language." I replied and Steve nods.

Dad and Bruce shake hands. A glimmer in their eyes shines as the mutual respect for each other shows.

"It's good to meet you, Dr. Banner. You're work on anti-electron collisions is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster." Dad says and I rolled my eyes.

"Uh...Thanks." Bruce replies.

"Dr. Banner is only here to track the cube. I was hoping you and Lisa might join him." Fury says as he entered the room.

"Let's start with that stick of his. It may be magical, but it works an awful lot like a HYDRA weapon." Steve says.

"I don't know about that, but it is
powered by the cube. And I'd like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys." Fury says.

"Monkeys? I do not understand." Thor asks in confusion.

"I do!" Steve suddenly exclaims. "I understood that reference." He says more calmly. God, he is so adorable.

Dad rolls his eyes, while Cap looks proud of himself, I was too. This might be the first reference that hasn't passed over his head since he woke up.

"Shall we play, doctor?" Dad asks.

"Let's play some." Bruce replies.

"Lis, you coming?" Dad asks.

"Yeah." I said as I stood up.

▪️▪️▪️

Bruce continuously scans with a gamma ray detection scanner on the scepter for radiation.

The scepters energy was just like that of the Tessaract, I could feel it. Like it was calling out to me, just like the Tessaract did at SHIELD. I stayed away from it as far as I could without dad or anyone noticing.

Dad and I looks at the monitors, shifting and solving as many algorithms and equations.