FOURTEEN

I stand at his door, pounding.

I know he's home, so he'll answer sooner than later.

I go to pound some more when the door opens, exposing a half-dressed Josh.

He didn't look too pleased until he recognized me then his face lit up.

"Hi."

"Hi, Ry."

"We should talk."

"Yeah, yeah, definitively, come in."

I take a seat on his couch.

His eyebrows furrow.

"What're you doing? Come into my room."

Oh

"Ok."

So I follow him into his room.

A shit ton of emotions hit me as the memories of last night flood my head.

Head

"So last night..." I start as I take a seat on his bed. 

Shifting uncomfortably from the knowledge of the events that had taken place on it just hours prior.

"Yeah, that was something, wasn't it?" He says as he throws on a tee shirt.

"That's one way to put it."

"What do you wanna do about it?"

"I have no idea?"

"Did it mean anything to you?"

"Of course, it did it's an act of deep intimacy. It meant the world to me."

"Didn't seem like that when I woke up and you were gone but ok." 

"I left because I was scared."

"Scared of what, Ryleigh?"

"Of what happens next. I don't want to be like them."

"We're not; we're not cheaters, Ry."

"But if we could do that just two weeks after the breakups up, then just imagine what we'd be capable of during our relationships if we ever got time alone."

"But that never happen so there's no point of wondering what if when the facts are in front of us they were hooking up during the relationships we didn't until two weeks after Ry. They're publicly dating we just fucked once!"

"That doesn't make us any better than them if we were emotionally cheating the whole time!"

"I think you're just afraid to be happy. No person should be this fucking hard on themselves, Ryleigh."

He gets on his knees and pushes himself between my legs resting his hands on both of my thighs.

"Did it mean anything to you?"

"It meant everything to me."

His lips touch mine.

I pull back.

"We really shouldn't."

He reconnects them.

"It's just gonna make things more complicated, Josh."

He reattaches them again.

He pushes me back wrapping my legs around his torso his hand going up my dress and playing with my thong.

Uh oh