.twenty three

───※ ·❆· ※───

IDK

While Jungkook was distracted, Lux attacked him from behind with his dark energy-infused recurve bow. Jungkook immediately pushed Taehyung away as he dodged the attack, completely avoiding it.

"Try harder, Lux." Jungkook mocked with a smirk. " You can never defeat me."

Lux no longer pretended to be playful, his entire being engulfed in resentment and evil. "You just got lucky."

"Nah, you're just a noob," Jungkook teased. 

Lux was triggered and went after Jungkook's head, which he successfully avoided once more. If there was an award for the most attacks dodged, Jungkook would have won first place. 

Taehyung looked at them both, still puzzled as to what he was doing here. Given that both demons paid no attention to him. He slipped away slowly, leaving them both to fight to the death for all he cared. He's just a bystander caught up in their shambles.

"Seriously Lux, it's been years and your aim still sucks," Jungkook ridiculed. "Since you were once a friend of mine, don't ever play Valorant. Your aim is absolute shit."

"Shut up!" Lux yelled, exasperated and at the end of his patience. "I'm going to kill you-,"

Jungkook scoffed as he attacked Lux once more. His left arm was blown to smithereens due to his inability to dodge. Lux screamed in agony due to the excruciating pain. He clenched his teeth and yelled, "You son of a bitch, I fucking swear... I'm going to kill you."

"You talk too much. Do you have any last words?"

"Yes," Lux continued as he crushed a bottle of hallucination smoke using his feet. "Fuck you, Jeon Jungkook.

The smelly dark smoke engulfed the entire area, making it difficult for Jungkook to breathe and see.

Jungkook dreadfully coughed as he cursed in anger. "Fuck. He escaped again." He cursed again as he remembered Taehyung. Where is he?

-

"Ah. That was exhausting," Taehyung said as he passed out on his bed. Before he could drift off to sleep, he heard a loud knock that was followed by Jimin's raging voice.

"Hey! Where the hell have you been?!"

"Stop screaming, my head hurts. I'm too exhausted to open that damn door; just destroy it," Taehyung mumbled seeing as his face was buried beneath his pillows.

Jimin complied by kicking the door open. The loud noise jolted Namjoon and Hoseok awake from their peaceful slumber. They rushed to Taehyung's room to determine the source of the noise. Namjoon felt his blood boil and his blood pressure rise when he saw the broken door and a grinning Jimin.

"Care to explain what the fuck happened?" Namjoon asked with a fake smile. He chanted in his head, 'Remain calm. Remember the diamonds, gold, money, diamonds, gold, money...' 

"Jimin kicked it open," Taehyung replied truthfully. 

"Hey!" Jimin retorted, "You said I should just kick the door open!"

"I did not. Why the hell are you lying?" Taehyung replied shamelessly. 

"You little bitch -," Hoseok was able to stop Jimin just in time before he could kick Taehyung in the ass.

"Guys, calm down. We can settle this by negotiating," said Hoseok as he mischievously grinned.

"We will forget all this happened... If you pay us a gold bar," Namjoon said, followed by a smirk.  

"Fine," Jimin replied as he handed them a gold bar. "Is that enough, you crooks?"

"Yes sir! Excuse us, we'll have the door repaired tomorrow. Have a wonderful evening ^-^!" Namjoon said as they both left grinning.