Chapter 52

"You know what? Do whatever you want. Just do it with your identity, as Riley, not Lillian." Issac said throwing his hands in the air.

"They do not know me." Riley spoke up in a quiet and pitiful tone with her brows furrowed, looking away so she didn't have to see the look in his eyes.

"So you do remember that." Issac bit out in a sardonic tone.

Riley frowned. She couldn't remember Issac being so sharp tongued. His words hurt.

Lillian meanwhile had zoned out of the conversation, detaching mentally from the world when she felt someone grasp her shoulder, she turned slightly to face him.

"Riley?" The man asked, frowning looking at her. "No... Lillian." He corrected himself, still frowning.

Riley is not usually this quiet or.... dead, due to lack of better word and since the only other person that looks like Riley is her twin, Lillian, the man- Sean- concluded it was Lillian.

Something didn't sit right with him seeing Lillian, maybe because he had gotten so used to seeing a cheerful, loud person with the same face he had a hard time accepting Lillian was- well- herself.

"I suppose Riley invited you to join us. I have the USB... shall we?" Sean asked, holding the USB out and gestured towards the door with the other hand.

Lillian continued to look at him and shrugged. She couldn't hear Riley or Issac arguing in the other side so she assumed they stopped fighting.

"I'm back." Casey panted out, running towards Sean and Lillian after spotting them from a distance.

"Casey." Sean said with relief. Standing near Lillian made him feel awkward, almost like he was all alone.

Casey looked at the two of them questioningly before asking them whether they can head in to which Sean responded with a nod and Lillian said nothing.

When they entered the room, the tension between the two of them could be cut with a knife. Riley sat on the chair in one corner while Issac sat in the other corner. Issac seemed angry, gritting his teeth as he refused to look at Riley while Riley was looking at her lap, dejected.

Sean and Casey shared a look before glancing at the two of them again. Casey sighed.

Poor Riley. She thought of herself, sympathetically, before stretching her hand out towards sean for the USB. 

~~~

The five of them watched the footage intently, Lillian was a little dazed out still thinking of the conversation the siblings had and Riley inched closer to the screen unconsciously in anxiousness.

The could see a haggard man- Vincent- be pushed out of the delivery room and leaning against the wall with shaky legs and his friends coming to comfort him.

Riley brought her thumb to her mouth and bit her nails. The moment she had been waiting for had come. She'd finally know how she was kidnapped so why was she so scared?

Her mouth opened slightly when she saw a man- with a mask covering his face- step out of the room with a baby in his hands. Riley? Most likely. She recalled when Oliver told her that Lillian was born after someone took baby Riley to the nursery.

The footage was slightly pixilated but she could make out the baby- she- was crying. The friends of Vincent glanced at the baby before focusing on Vincent again.

Vincent looked dazed and fell on his knees.

A doctor then came out of the room and summoned Vincent inside. It seemed like some minutes of the footage was skipped since when the doctor came out Vincent was sitting on a bench with a little boy- Max.