Chapter 3: Secrets & Boxes

Start from the beginning

The king sighs once more before finally letting the matter go. He agrees to what they saying and tells the others that he needed to leave.

"Where are you going?" Adrien inquires with a curious head tilt. His feline tail swished and swirled like a flag in the wind as he questioned Cole of their plans.

Cole shrugs his shoulders in response. "I have no idea. I might just try to find something to do before getting our checkup. Remember that we all have one later today, so show up. That means no excuses; Adrien. I don't want to have to drag you inside or put you in a carrier."

The fuzzy boy hisses at the king crisply. "They'll never take me alive!" He says before placing himself into a pouncing position.

The five of them laugh at their friend's stubbornness against going to the doctor's office as the vibrating growls continue to ensue from him. Adrien eventually ends his childish manner, sitting up correctly. It was silent for a bit before Varian broke the silence.

"I wonder how Walter's doing." He randomly says with a unsure guise. "It has been a while since we last checked on him. I hope he didn't lose the Portal Box."

"Relax, V." Cole reassures his loyal advisor. "Walter knows the importance of that box. I trust that he's doing the best he can to take care of it."

Izuku chuckles lightly at this. "How much do you wanna bet that it's just in a cabinet or drawer and he barely even checks if it's still there." He snickers at the thought.

Leo shrugs at the rabbit-boy's proposal. "I don't exactly believe he gave up on it like that, but I'll take that bet. Ten bucks says that he didn't forget."

Adrien's catlike instincts lures him into the drama between the two animal humanoids. He too took part in the risk, this time making the amount twenty dollars. Varian and Cole on the other hand didn't want any part of their deal. They only look to each other and sigh embarrassingly at their companion's stupidity.
___________________________________

No One's POV:

"We have a visual on the target." A man's deep voice says into their mic while watching a person enter a redbrick house from the inside of a black sedan. They seemed to be very aware of the person spying on them, so the gentleman did their best to discretely hurry indoors. In their hands was a brown paper bag with some sort of box and wires sticking out of it.

The man they were spying on was Walter Cummings. He has messy, long, dirt brown hair. A short, buzzed beard was on his chin that made many women fall for him everyday. They have been following him for years just so they can get information about a hidden world they couldn't get to. Although they found out from a secret informant that Walter was harboring some sort of magical item in his house, and they intended on getting their hands on it.

"What are your orders? We have the target cornered." Another voice impatiently asks the intercom from the passenger seat. She anxiously taps her long, dark nails against the door frame while the hands on both their watches clicked away. "We've been following this twit for almost three years now."

"Relax Agent Laika, we'll get him." Laika's partner soothes her with a hand pat on her thigh, yet she glares at him with her icy, blue, Russian eyes. "You'll be able move around once we get word from Spence' that the two of us can proceed."

Agent Laika grumbles in frustration. "I swear to Baba Yaga, I am going to strangle you, Clint. And I will not hold back."

There was a long silence before a voice in the earphones gave them permission to take action. The two agents smirk devilishly, grabbing their suit vests and guns. Yet before they could get out of the car, a pair of two children race towards the house and rush indoors. They look to each other and gruffly groan at what had happened.