Part 18: War Zone

"Check this out. War Zone." Eddie said as he laid a piece of paper on the table. "I've been there once. It's huge. They got everything you need for, uh... well, killing things, basically."

"You think fake Rambo has enough guns there?"

"Is that a grenade? I mean, how is any of this legal?" Robin questioned.

"Well, lucky for us it is, so... This... This place is just far enough outside of Hawkins. As long as we steer clear of main roads, we oughta be able to avoid cops and, uh, angry hicks." Eddie explained.

"If we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to some store called the War Zone." Erica added.

"Normally, I'd agree, but we need the weapons. So I think it's worth the risk." Nancy said to Erica.

"Me too." I added.

"But is it worth the time? It'll take all day to bike there and back." Dustin said.

"Who said anything about bikes?" Eddie said with a small smirk on his face.

"You got some car we don't know about?" Steve said looking to Eddie.

"It's not exactly a car, Steve. And it's not exactly mine, but, uh... it'll do." Eddie said smirking. "Hey, Red, uh, you got a ski mask or a bandanna, something like that?" Eddie said to Max.

She nodded her head and went to grab it. She came back with her Micheal Myers mask.

Eddie put it on and ushered us outside. He took us to a RV and climbed into the window. We all climbed into the RV.

"That was suffocating." Eddie said as he took off the mask. Eddie made his way over to the drivers seat. He began to hot-wire the car.

"Where'd you learn how to do this?" I asked him as Steve stood behind me.

"Well, when the other dads were teaching their kids how to fish or play ball, my old man was teaching me how to hot-wire. Now, I swore to myself I wouldn't wind up like he did, but now I'm wanted for murder, and soon, grand theft auto. So, uh, I'm really living up to that Munson name." Eddie responded.

"Eddie, I'm not sure I love the idea of you driving." Robin said popping her head in from behind Steve

lOh, I'm just starting this sucker. Harrington's got her. Don't ya, big boy?" Eddie said smirking towards Steve.

Eddie started the engine causing a loud noise to occur.

"What the hell? Hey! Open this door! Hey" a man said as he banged on the window. "They locked the door!" A woman yelled.

"Everybody, hang on to something!" Steve yelled. Steve hit the gas and we began to drive away. We drove around for about 30 minutes until we got there.

Some people got out the RV to go in and some chose to stay. I chose to stay with Eddie. Just in case anything went wrong.

I walked over to where Eddie was sitting in the back. I sat down next to him and smiled. He smiled back.

"Astrin you know you don't have to do this right?" He asked.

"Yes, but I want to. I want him gone." I said coldly.

"Okay." Eddie said back.

"He's just done so many bad things that I don't even care he's my father. He could've stopped what he was doing and actually tried to be a father but he didn't." I said. 

Eddie nodded.

"What the hell is taking so long?" I complained.

They busted through the RV door.

"What happened?" Lucas asked.

"Gotta go. Your old friends are here." Erica said in a panic.

We quickly drove away. We stopped in a field. Everyone left the RV and started assembling their weapons.

Dustin and Eddie worked on creating spears and shields. For the bats.

I walked over to the trees. I felt the breeze cool me down. I sat down in the grass. I closed my eyes and tried to find Eleven.

"It's only a precaution, Eleven. I never intend to activate it" Dr. Brenner said as Eleven woke up with a collar around her neck. "I very much hope our fighting has come to an end." Brenner said as Eleven whimpered. "Shh. Shh." He said trying to calm Eleven down as she continued to whimper.
"I know. You're angry with me. But it was the only way. The best way." Brenner said.

I immediately woke myself up. I ran over to Nancy and Steve. "Nancy!" I yelled. "It's El. She was taken! That's why she's not answering us!" I explained.

"Woah woah woah calm down." Steve said.

"Taken by who?" Nancy asked.

"Brenner." I said.

"Shit." Nancy said looking down. "We finish this job then we go to the next." She said. I nodded.

I wanna save El but at the same time if I save her now Hawkins will fall.

Eddie came up to me with Dustin. "What were you yelling about?" Eddie asked.

I looked to Dustin. "El was taken by Brenner." I said to them.

"He's alive?" Dustin asked.

"Yes." I said blankly.

"Why does he have El though. She lost her powers." He said.

"What if she didn't." I said. "Maybe that's why Brenner has her."

"Holy shit. If she has her powers back we need her." Dustin said.

"Yes we do but I don't know where she is. If I get her before stopping Vecna... Hawkins will fall." I said.

"Okay, Okay we complete this then we get El. Even if we don't need her we need to get her out of there." He said.

I nodded and we all walked into the RV.