Chapter 5: Cinnamon Toast Crunch

I find a white tank top and jeans to wear. I thrown them on. I begin to brush my hair. Once I'm done I get up to brush my teeth. I finish and walk out to the living room. I see Eddie sitting there.

"Good morning." I say. "Morning." He says back. "How'd you sleep?" He asked as I put to bowls out on the counter. "Good what about you?" "Good." He responded.

I take out two spoons and milk. "So what kind of cereal do you want?" I asked. "What do you have?" He asked. "Peanut Butter toast crunch, Dino pebbles, Cinnamon toast crunch, and Rice Krispies." I responded. "Cinnamon toast crunch." He said.

I made the cereal and handed him a bowl. I sat down and began to eat my food. I got a call. I walked over to my phone and picked it up. "Hey is it alright if we come over we need to figure out how to stop vecna." Dustin asked. "Yea of course." "Alright be there in 20." He said as he hung up.

I sat down on my couch. "So who was that?" Eddie asked. "Dustin, they are going to be here in 20 minutes we need to figure all this out."

Once I finished I grabbed Eddies bowl and took it to my kitchen and rinsed the bowls out. I sat back down on my couch. "Do you think the cops will blame you for Chrissy's death?" I asked him. "I hope not but they probably will. If only they knew what is actually going on here." He responded.

My front door opened. Dustin, Steve, Robin, and Max came in. "Hey." Robin said. "Hey" I responded. "So what are y'all thinking about this situation?" I asked.

Dustin sat on my couch. "Well first we need to find out if Eddie is going to be blamed for all this." He said. "Okay so how do we do that?" I questioned. "Well that's where you come in." He responded. "What, why me?" I asked confused. "I was hoping you could find the cops and see what they think about this." He responded. "So what I find Chief Powell and see what he's saying?" I said. "Exactly" Dustin responded.

I took a blindfold from my room and placed it over my eyes. "What is she doing?" Eddie asked. "Eddie I'm going to need you to be quiet for this to work okay?" I said to him. "Okay."

I close my eyes and opened them while i was surrounded by black. "Chief do you really think Eddie did this?"

"I found them." I said so Dustin can hear me.

"Yes, she was at his trailer. Who else could it be?" Powell said.

"What are they saying?" He asked. "They think he did it cause she was at his trailer." I said.

"Still we need to look over all the possibilities but Eddie Munson is at the top of the list right now."

I opened my eyes. I looked to Eddie. "I'm sorry." He looked down. I wiped the blood from my nose. "Now what?" I asked. "We find Vecna, kill him, and prove Eddies innocence." He responded. "That's all Dustin, that's all?" Eddie asked frustrated. "Yeah, no, that's pretty much it" He said oblivious to the fact Eddies pissed.

Robin spoke up "Listen Eddie I know everything Dustin says sounds totally delusional but we've actually been through this kind of thing before. I mean they have a few times and I have once. Mine was more human flesh based, theirs was more smoke related, but bottom line is collectively I feel we really got this."

We all heard police sirens and looked out the window. They were just driving by. Steve, Robin, Max and Dustin went to go see where they were going towards.

I sat back down next to Eddie. "Eddie..." I look up to him "It going to be okay. I just have to kill him. I don't know how but he's going to die. Then we will somehow clear your name."

"I'm not sure killing him would make them clear my name. Like how do we tell them about all this and prove that is was him. They'll think we are like all crazy." He said softly. He's clearly frustrated about this.

"I don't know what to do Eddie. This happened so quick but I will make sure we come up with something. Your name will be cleared don't worry." I said trying to reassure him.

I scooted closet to him. "Eddie... You'll be okay." He looked up to me. " I hope so." He whispered. "I'll make sure of it Eddie." Its hard to reassure him but hey at least Im trying. "thank you..." He whispers. Me and him both smile. After a couple of seconds of sitting there smiling at each other he goes in and kisses me. I kiss him back. We pull apart and I look at him and smile.

I lay down next to him on the couch and think about how Im going to clear Eddies name. I think about how I'm going to kill Vecna. I think about what would happen if things went south.

right now would be a better time for that kiss.