Chapter 12: Stirring a Storm

Start from the beginning

Jace narrowed his eyes and strutted towards Nashi.

"Then why don't you attack the big cyclone that's clogging our vision! It's giving me a headache and keeping you contained!" Jace countered.

Blake carefully circled around her master.

"Because if that breaks then Guthrie can run away! So we gotta beat him here!" Nashi declared.

She abruptly halted as soon as her face was within centimeters of Jace's.

'Careful careful.'

"I already told you. I can hear it. Guthrie's not coming home!" he snarled.

"False! Fairy Tail would never abandon a guild member! We're family!"

'Jace. Jace. Wind wind.'

"That's not what Guthrie remembers!"

"Well then I'll make him remember!"

'Watch watch. Listen, listen.'

"Good luck with that!"

"I don't need luck! I'm gonna do it!"

"Not without Reiki's help you won't!"

Nashi gritted her teeth and stomped her foot.

"I don't need that red-headed bastard to control my goals!!!" she screamed.

'JACE!'

In their peripherals, the Dragon Slayers saw a giant, solid hammer thrown in their direction.

Suddenly Blake's body rapidly coiled around the duo.

BWOOSH!

"BLAKE!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHING! CLANG! Hisssssss

Cris' muscles froze. His eyes nearly bulged out of his head. His jaw practically disconnected from his jaw.

Standing before him was an enormous wave of ice. It spanned the diameter of the vicious cyclone barrier and rose nearly halfway up.

"Cris!" Eleodoro called.

The sounds of movement behind the solid wave reverberated in the Sun Mage's hyper sensitive ears.

He aimed his palm to the sky. A bronze seal with a sun at the center appeared in front of his hand. A ring of fire and white light formed around his finger tips. In less than a second, the diameter increased three-fold and was released.

"Corona Wheel!"

The ring of fire soared above the wave to meet the target. A woman with curly, blond hair and a gray outfit levitated. She easily avoided the attack before pointing at the duo with her two forefingers on her right hand. A pulse of pure energy shot from her fingertips.

Eleodoro dashed to the side and dragged Cris by his collar. A moment later, the energy collided with the ground.

Boom!

Dirt, rubble, and grass erupted in place.

"Crispin! Thaw yourself!" Eleodoro cried.

He detached his key ring and held out one of his silver keys.