Chapter 17: The Wife and The Dikastís

~~Mel's P.O.V.~~

Fucking hell.

There's no time for you to be immature Melkaye.

Did I notice that maybe they are close? yes. But to what extent? That thought was answered when they strolled into the dining room with the Dikastís' arm looped through his.

When Spade asked for permission to visit the hospital later, I never thought I'd be jealous of the mete fact that mas nauna pa siyang nagpaalam kay Ms. Anethesia kaysa sakin.

But, no matter. This marriage is only for convenience and protection. Para mabuhay pa ako ng matagal. There have to be no feelings involved even if we admitted our fondness for each other.

Even though I said to him that I don't want to enter a marriage with no mutual feelings.

Yeah, but he fucked you senseless, didn't he?

Stop it!

"Penny for your thoughts, Mrs. Volantes?"

I looked at the one who spoke.

It was the Dikastís.

I'm not familiar with their customs. Paano ba ang pamumuhay nila dito sa Delestria Court?

I awkwardly bowed, at least try to.

She just looked at me with a hint of amusement.

Andito pa kasi ako sa hallway. Hindi pa ako nakakapasok sa kwarto ko. Kunwari lang yung kanina. Ayaw ko lang talaga makita si Spade.

"Can I help you Dikastís?" I asked, trying to stop my sarcasm and snarl from showing.

"I wish to speak with you." She said. Kasama niya si Ms. Celestine na nasa tabi niya.

"Alone."

I gulped. Umalis na si Ms. Celestine without sparing us a glance.

"Of course, Dikastís." I said as we proceeded to the Garden, one of my favorite places here in the Castle.

Pagkarating namin doon, umupo siya sa isang bench na nakaharap sa beach. Pinat niya ang parte ng bench sa tabi niya as if asking me to sit. I obliged.

"So," I looked at her when she uttered a word. "How does it feel to be Mrs. Volantes?" she asked while maintaining eye contact with me.

I unconsciously played with the spade-shaped ring that Spade proposed to me.

Should I tell the truth? That I married him because of my guaranteed protection? Or lie, That it was great and we fell in love at first sight?

I think the last one's not a lie though. I mean, you did fall for him ever since you saw him at the elevator when he gave you that smile, even though he reeked of blood.

So I opted for a safe answer instead.

"I... I don't know." I grinned sheepishly.

Hindi ko naman talaga alam. Wala pa mang isang araw wala na siya.

"You look blooming ate Mel." She said as she smiled brightly at me.

I was utterly gobsmacked.

Uh-oh.

This... woman in front of me is far from the Dikastís that I met.

"Oh ate? Okay ka lang?" takang tanong niya.

"Na-nagtatagalog ka?" gulat ko pa ding tanong sa kaniya.

Tumawa lang siya, at tumango.

"Mom's a Filipino."