Week 4, Day 6

I was beyond relieved when Father phoned in to say he wouldn't be coming for the final check of the stall. Whether that insinuated he trusted me to do so, which seemed terribly unlikely, or not I might never know for all he said was that and cut. No explanation whatsoever. The only part that disappointed me was not being able to see Keon Hee again. I still hadn't gotten to his and Ji A's envelope for guilt lurked in the darkest, hidden places of my mind.

Do Won awaited me at the front of the hotel to take me to the fairgrounds, and he appeared as if he's been receiving a raise for not only did his face seem more youthful, he had the same spirit Keon Hee, Ji A, and I had when we were children. I had never heard him speak so many sentences in such a short span of time. I don't even recall what he was saying for I was too absorbed and rather amused at his energy.

When we arrived, I ran into Mister Na Mil just as I exited the car.

"Seo Ho, what a pleasant surprise," he greeted me, smiling what seemed like a genuine smile.

I extended my hand as I approached. "The pleasure's all mine, Mister."

He shook my hand enthusiastically as he remarked, "Well, aren't you a good sport?"

I chuckled timidly at this before he asked me what brought me to the fairgrounds. "Oh, I'm just going to conduct a final check of our stall," I informed him.

"Mind if I intervene?"

"Of course not."

We began to walk together towards the stall which remained the same as I had left it, what seemed like months ago. Seeing it again aroused a sort of pity within me for it because realistically speaking, I had practically neglected it after I finished setting it up. Although there was not much to do, maybe a simple glance here and there wouldn't have hurt. Then again, I was dealing with, well, other matters.

Mister Na Mil made small talk throughout my inspection, which I appreciated for I probably would have overthought everything I saw. For once, Father's voice didn't ring in my head nor did his image flash in front of my eyes. I came away from the stall at ease, a foreign feeling when it came to anything related to Father.

"Satisfied?" Mister Na Mil questioned light-heartedly, a whimsical smile lining his lips as he quirked up an eyebrow.

I gave him a lazy shrug in response and we momentarily laughed together.

"Well, break a leg. It was an honor to do business with you, Lee Seo Ho."

I stared at him in astonishment. At the beginning, he had addressed me as Father's son. Now he addressed me as my own person. Even if the stall flopped, this individual success I will always carry with me.

I bowed deeply. "I'm more honored."

He gave me an almost father-like pat on the shoulder and even walked me back to the car. He took off his hat for me in farewell before fixing it back on his head and strolling away. I then ducked into the car, this feeling as bright as sunlight fluttering inside of me as Do Won drove me back to the hotel.

I was pacing back and forth in my room, trying to essentially practice for the fair. As an introverted person, this was extremely stress-inducing.

I let out a deep breath as I stopped in front of the standing mirror in the corner of my room. I rolled out my shoulders, the cards clutched between my fingertips, and told myself I could do this before starting from the beginning.

I put on my best fake smile and spoke as if directly reading from a script, "Hello. I'm Lee Seo Ho of Lee's Tailoring Co., if you look behind me, you'll see our newest winter men's collection pieces. Please have a look and let me know if you're interested in any of the displayed items."