Week 2, Day 2

I remember everything. The polaroid picture had cleared, allowing me to see the full picture and I recounted the night I met Miss Nari's eldest son - the same man who walked into my life unannounced, made me question my beliefs about love and then. just. left.

1941
That Night

I was sitting on the grand staircase that led up to the second floor of Father's mansion. I had an empty glass in hand. No, I hadn't been drinking, I just asked Keon Hee to give me a spare wine glass to somewhat play into the role of a businessman's son. Anyways, I sat there (bored out of my mind if you must know) people watching and eavesdropping on whatever conversations I could. For the most part though, I wondered when the party would ever end and I could finally go to sleep.

Suddenly, a pair of polished black dress shoes stopped in front of me. I looked up to see him. He had a mix of a smile and a smirk on his rather tempting lips.

"You wanna get out of here?" he asked me. Seeing that I did know him to be Miss Nari's son, I thought what was the worst that could happen.

"Yes, please," I said, relieved someone had come to my rescue. I would've asked Keon Hee if one, it were that easy and if two, the poor fellow hadn't been running all over the floor, attending to people who didn't even bat an eye towards him.

"Lead the way," he said, gesturing with one arm to the staircase. There was something about him that was so intriguing. And without a second thought or any thought at all actually, I took him to my room.

It was located on the second floor and faced the front of the mansion. At night, I was spoiled daily with the beauty of all the lights of the neighborhood coming ablaze. When we entered, he closed the door behind us.

The butterflies fluttering around in my stomach made me more excited by the second but I had just met him, so I had to remain neutral. I walked up the two steps that led to my canopy bed. I pulled apart the white curtains on the left side and turned my back to him before sliding my coat off. Intentional? Very much so.

When I looked at him over my shoulder and proceeded to fully face him, he was staring as he leaned against one of the wooden beams. There was no other way to put it, but it wasn't a creepy, perverted type of stare older men at these parties harassed the young daughters of families with. It was a mix of awe and desire. He wanted his hands on me, even if just once. I, of course, couldn't make that easy for where was the fun in that?

"Let me help you with that," I offered, walking over to him. He pushed himself off the beam and let me take his coat off as well. I willed myself to not graze his shirt with my fingertips more than I had to. I also willed myself to not stare at his lips which was not so troublesome since we were more or less the same height as much as it was difficult because in all honesty, I just really wanted to kiss him.

Once his coat was off, I lay it next to mine.

"Come on," I said, cocking my head towards the balcony doors which were to the left of my bed as well. I twisted the knobs, swinging the doors open and let the evening breeze waft in. It was so refreshing from the suffocating body heat of a hundred plus people downstairs.

I strolled inside, resting my hands on the railing. I heard him follow in my pursuit before feeling his warm presence behind me, his left hand dangerously close to mine.

A hot blush crept its way up my neck which I hoped he hadn't taken notice of.

In an attempt to calm myself down, I took a deep breath of the fresh air as I looked yonder at the sky full of light both from the street lamps and brightly lit houses as well as the sprinkle of stars and the full moon.