VI

A month or so passes and as it begins growing colder outside, so I start wearing warmer clothes. I always look forward to when it starts cooling up more outside, as I get to walk through the foliage on my way to school everyday. My room feels cold and I lay in it an extra twenty minutes before I groggily stand and put on the coziest clothes, a sweatshirt and some sweatpants. After I get ready, I make my way downstairs with my bag in my hand and I put it by the door as I grab my coat. I put it on as I walk to the kitchen and take a granola bar.

"You're walking to school today?" Harry asks.

"I always do," I say obviously.

"Can I join?" he asks, grinning hopefully.

"It's sort of cold out," I start.

"I know, I love the fall. C'mon, we've gotta head out if we wanna make it on time," he says, patting my on the back as he walks towards the door.

"Louis, quit stealing my mate," Zayn rolls his eyes and Liam chuckles.

"Yeah, soon he'll switch to being a sophomore just to be with you," he adds.

"I don't know what you did to make him like hanging out with you," Zayn says.

"Maybe I'm just better than you three," I suggest.

"Maybe these two, but you know well I'm the best," Niall says.

"Sure Niall," I say as I turn around and grab my bag, walking out the door to see Harry waiting for me. "You just can't get enough of me, can you?"

"Apparently not," he shrugs as we start walking. "Walking is so nice."

"Yeah," I nod as I look around at the leaves that are almost fully changed. I really do feel lucky for getting to see this.

"You were right, though. It's quite cold," he says, rubbing his hands together.

"I'd give you my coat but we both know it'd be too small," I say.

"Hey, this is pure muscle," he flexes and I scoff, shoving him off the sidewalk and into the grass where it's still wet from the dew.

"You got my shoes wet," he whines.

"Calm down Haz," I say, the nickname coming so naturally I don't think twice as I tease him. "I'm sure they'll dry."

"Aww, you gave me a nickname!" he says hugging me from the side playfully. "How sweet!"

"Don't flatter yourself," I roll my eyes. We make it to school and I let out a long, agonizing sigh as I make my way inside.