IV

I can't believe he broke my arm. Jeremy broke my arm because I told him to fuck off, and that only makes walking home all the bit harder. No way in hell am I buying a rolling backpack, even if it would save me from growing lopsided posture after having my bag slung over one shoulder instead of two. Not to mention, I have to carry a few books since not all of them fit into my bag, and so I'm currently walking out of school with my bag falling off of my arm and my books about to fall onto the sidewalk.

"Need some help?" Harry chuckles, falling into step beside me.

"Please," I nod and he quickly takes my bag and books. He's got a bag on each shoulder and his and my books in a stack while he smiles down at me.

"How'd you break your arm?" he asks.

"Tripped," I shrug.

"Clumsy little Louis," he sighs, shaking his head.

"Who're you calling little?" I ask.

"You're forgetting that one of us here is 5'6 and it isn't me," he smirks, causing me to scoff.

"I'm still growing."

"I was 5'11 at your age," he says to me.

"Am I supposed to be impressed?"

"Hey, I'm doing a good deed for you. Is that how you treat me?"

"They do say respect your elders," I shrug.

"I'm not even 18 yet, you little shit."

We continue to talk the entire way home, and as sad as it is, Harry's currently my best friend. It's like on snap chat, how I don't snap anyone and so when I finally do, they automatically shoot up to my first best friend. We make it inside and Harry follows me upstairs to my room to drop my stuff off.

"Nice room," he says as he walks in behind me.

"Thanks," I breathe out.

"Doesn't look like you got board of football," he observes, picking up a signed ball I got from a Manchester game last year.

"Well I did," I chuckle nervously. "And thank you for helping me home, you're not a complete tosser, after all."

"Thanks, I guess," he smiles. He leaves and I just stand there, looking at the door in wonder as my brother's best friend walks back downstairs.

By the time I'm showered and in bed, I can't even manage to finish my homework because I'm too busy grinning like a schoolgirl over Harry. But no, I couldn't possibly like Harry, not even as a friend. He's an annoying friend of Zayn's who teases me and calls me rude (but sort of funny) nicknames and walks me home from school on occasion.