Chapter 15

Music blasted throughout the woods. People were either hanging out at the bar, sitting cozy around the campfire, or dancing. A marshmallow on a stick found its place over the toasty fire.

Ophelia sighs as she feels the warm embrace of the flame as it grows. Bugs were biting her bare legs and her arms which caused her to swat at them, missing a few and hitting a few. Chloe stood over her best friend, her shadow casting over her.

Pinching her cheeks, Chloe pouted as she made her voice sound like baby talk. "Why the long face, Ange, (Angel)?" She pouts, pinching her cheeks. Ophelia chuckles, swatting away her hands as she turns to face her.

"I'm fine just enjoying the toasty fire," Ophelia took a bite of her marshmallow," and my gooey snack." Chloe grabs her hands and pulls her away from her gooey snack.

"We're at a bonfire hangout not a nursing home. We're supposed to be having fun," Chloe started to dance, "now dance with me, Phelia." Ophelia could only laugh as she danced. 

"Come on!" Chloe urged

"Come on!" Chloe urged. Ophelia sighs, rolls her eyes as she begins to sway. Her movements were slower compared to the wilder teen. 

The teens circled each other as they danced, eyes never breaking from each other as a wide grin appeared on their faces

The teens circled each other as they danced, eyes never breaking from each other as a wide grin appeared on their faces. They were giggling like a bunch of little girls. Ophelia backed into someone. "Hey, watch it!" He ordered. "Sorry." Ophelia replied.

The guy that Ophelia bumped into turned around. Striking and alluring blue eyes studied her form. "Well, if it isn't The Princess." His taunting voice was recognizable. Ophelia groans. "If it isn't the asshole." She crossed her arms. "Didn't think that I'd see someone like you at a bonfire party. What brings you here?" He crossed his arms as he watched her, for even a slight trace of fear.

She held none. "I have reasons." She sasses. Trevor licks his lips as he nods. "Smart answer, princess." The teens stare at each other. "Yo King! C'mon, the games are starting!" One of Trevor's friends shouted. Trevor waved his hand slightly before turning his attention back to Ophelia.

"Gotta go but see you, Princess." Trevor walked away while Ophelia rolled her eyes. "Seems like you two are getting along well." Chloe says. "He's a prick. I don't see how people are attracted to him." Ophelia replies.

Chloe only shrugs, "Have you not seen him? Trevor is hot." Ophelia gags at that response. "Whatever you say." Loud cheering erupted. "The games are starting. C'mon." Chloe tells her. 

(Time skip)

There were people everywhere. Some played charades, others played cornhole but somehow Ophelia found herself in a circle, playing seven minutes in heaven. Chloe and some random guy named Montrel, returned back to the group.

His brown lips were now stained red lipstick. Chloe wiped the edges of her lips as she proudly sat beside Ophelia. "Who's next?" She asks, breathlessly. Montrel sent a wink her way, as his pearly white came into view. A nearby girl shook a hat and pulled out a name.

"Ophelia," She says. Ophelia prayed as she closed her eyes. "And Trevor." Chloe nudged her in the arm gently. "Go on, Phelia." Ophelia rolls her eyes, from the corner of her eye she sees Trevor smirking, he is amused. "Come on princess. Don't tell me you're scared." He teases as he stands to his feet.

"Tsk. In your dreams, fuck face." Ophelia scoffs. She walks past him, shoving him slightly as well. Trevor followed her into the dark closet, closing the door behind them.

Ophelia pressed her back against one of the walls, arms crossed, eyes looking anywhere but Trevor, who leaned against the wall, hands in his pockets.

A minute or two passed before Trevor cleared his throat and began to speak, "You know by now, we'd be on top of each other, swapping spit." "Well sorry but I ain't one of your little fan girls, your majesty." She sasses.

Trevor stepped closer to her. His face dangerously close to hers. His blueberry scented breath blew against her face. Those same tingles traveled down her spine.

"How do I know that you aren't one of my fans?" He whispers. Ophelia leans in closer. Their noses were barely touching. "Because even if we do kiss then I'll still be repulsed by you." She replies.

Trevor trapped her against the wall. "Wanna bet," He leans close to her ear, "if you do feel repulsed by the end of our time here then I'll leave you alone for the rest of the week" "And if you win?" Trevor shrugs.

"Then you have to do what I say for a week."  Ophelia thought about his offer for a bit before agreeing to his terms. "Alright." Was all she could muster.

A tiny and cocky smirk appeared on his face as Trevor leaned in closer, lips ghosting over each other. Before their lips could touch, Bang! Bang!