Chapter 17

Hayes' POV
I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing in the middle of the night. I read the time before answering. It read: 2:34 am. I pick up my phone and read the name of the caller: Tori. I quickly answered feeling like something was wrong. "Hello?" I answered as soon as I accepted the call. "Hayes, I'm scared," she said and I could tell that she was crying. "Why what's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm home alone with Christian and I can't fall back asleep I think Bailey and my mom went to the doctor or something but I'm not sure. And I heard footsteps around my house which is obviously Christian, but what if he comes in and something bad happens?" She quickly said all at once and took a deep breath of hair after her mini rant. "Just give me a minute I'll be right over. And please open the window I don't wanna have to get my foot tuck in the tree again from trying to open it," I said through the phone.

She giggle and I smiled, knowing that I kinda lightened the mood so she wouldn't be as scared.

I was over there within five minutes and we both were laying in her bed with my arms wrapped around her waist. "Hayes?" she whispered softly. "Yeah?" I asked. "What if things don't get better?" She said turning around to face me, her green eyes looking into my blue ones.

"They will," I whispered.

"What if they don't?" She asked once more, snuggling her face into my chest. "It will, don't be so negative," I laughed lightly and wrapped my arms around her once more before drifting off to sleep.

-------

The next day at school, Hayes and I walked into the school together, hand-in-hand. But we had to go our separate ways because of our lockers. I reached my locker and put my backpack in and gabbed the books I needed. I slammed my locker door shut and saw Madison standing there.

"Hey.." I said awkwardly, not knowing what she wanted. "Hey, how have you been?" She smiled widely. I was so confused and debated whether I should keep this conversation going or just walk away like if she's not even here. I didn't wanna be rude so I said, "fine. How about you?" I said a little less awkward this time. "Great, so how are you and Hayes?" She asked out of the blue. "I really have to go talk to Nat before going to first block so I needa get going," I said beginning to walk away. "Bye, see you first block."

I quickly made my way to where Nat's locker was located and found her there talking to Tyler and some other girl. "Hey gu-

"Tori! I haven't seen you in so long!" Nat yelled before giving me a long tight hug. "Missed ya," I said, returning the hug. "You okay? Wait, have this water bottle," she said handing it to me. I giggled before taking a sip from it and stuffing it into my gym bag.

"Yeah I'm feeling way better," I smiled at her. "I'm so sorry about the party," she said looking at me with apologetic eyes. "It wasn't your fault Nat," I said shrugging it off. "Are you mad at me?" Tyler asked joining the conversation. "Eh, I mean it's kinda my fault too it's just-

The bell interrupted me. "Bye Tyler, see you at lunch!" I said waving bye just like Nat was.

We made it just in time to first period before they counted Nat and I tardy. I took a seat beside Hayes and poor Nat was seated next to Madison. I looked at them both and madison gave me the biggest smile ever.

"What was that about?" Hayes whispered, talking about Madison. "I don't even know," I whispered back not wanting the teacher to scold us both for talking over him.

-----

The rest of the day dragged on, class by class which made it pretty fucking boring. Hayes gave me a ride home and we talked about random things on the way there, I liked how I was comfortable about talking about anything with him. It's crazy how things change.

"I'll come over later so that we can work on that homework," Hayes said before I got out the car. "Hayes, you hate homework," I laughed. "I know," he said and winked at me. I rolled my eyes before closing the car door behind me.

I walked into the house and immediately knew something was up. My mom, sister and Christian were sitting at the table. "Tori, Hun, we need to talk," my mom said pointing to the empty seat next to Bailey. I looked at Bailey first and she looked nervous too. I walked over to them and took the seat. I gulped before speaking, "is everything alright?" I asked looking my mom in the eyes.

"Yes, everything's fine," she smiled widely.

"Well what is it?" I asked kinda annoyed and looked at Chirstian. He smiled, obviously a fake one, but I smiled back just so that things wouldn't seem obvious nor suspicious.

"Christian and I are engaged!" My mom yelled in excitement.

-----

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile. I'm gonna start a new Hayes fanfic when I'm finished with this one. im REALLY excited to start on it, You guys are gonna LOVE ittt // ale😛