Chapter 5

The next morning I woke up not wanting to wake up. I didn't even wanna open my eyes for fuck sake. "Tori, wake up!" I heard my mom tell from downstairs.

I groaned and covered my face with the sheets. "Victoria Andrea, get up!" My mom said uncovering me.

"What the hell happened to you!" My mom asked, concern in her voice. "I uhm, uhm.."

My mom knew me too well. Well enough to know that I'm a horrible liar and always stutter before answering with a lie.

"Fell at school."

She softly laid her thumb on the bruise under me eye and studied it. "Stop," I said moving her hand away.

"Oh Tori," my mom sighed, "well come downstairs to eat when you're ready," she said closing my room door behind her.

I quickly hopped in the shower and washed my body + hair. When I finished, I put on a shirt with a flannel over it, along with shorts and my black combat boots.

I curled my hair and added a bit mascara. I hopped down the stairs and saw Bailey and Nash.

"Nash?" I asked unsure. "Hey," he smiled. "What are you doing here?" I asked, until I realized it sounded rude. "I mean not in a bad way, but it's morning," I laughed.

"Just wanted to eat here," he said looking down at his bowl of cereal.

"Moms in the shower, she left you bacon and eggs," Bailey said. "I'm not that hungry," I said walking towards the door.

"Tori," Nash said stopping me. "Yeah?" I asked unsure of what he was gonna say. "Matt told me about the phone call. He said that it sounded like you were crying?" It came out more like a question.

"I stubbed my toe on the door," I pretended to laugh, but he didn't catch on. He looked unconvinced. "I know you didn't trip at school," he said.

"I don't know what happened, but if you ever need anything you know I'm here right?" He asked pulling me into his chest.

I could feel a tear roll down my cheek, but quickly wiped it away before he could see it. "Still in the room you know?" Bailey said, feeling left out.

-

I took a seat beside Natalie I first period. "Hey," I smiled, she looked at me and quickly had a concerned look on her face.

"What happened?" She asked.

-

First period pretty much consisted of me lying to Natalie about everything that happened, the teacher talking and Ashley flirting with Hayes.

"Hahaha hayes you're so funny!" Ashley practically yelled so that the whole class could hear. She continued to laugh so loudly until Natalie spoke up.

"Believe me, it's probably not that funny," she said.

"What?" I asked confused.

"I see the way you're looking at them," Natalie said, I sighed.

"Gotta crush on him?" She asked. "No we just got into an argument," I sighed. "We're still dating though," I said. "I think."

-

I was making my way to lunch until Ashley pushed the books out of my hands. "Watch where you're going," she laughed. I rolled my eyes at how disgustingly fake she looked.

"You should be the one to watch where you're going," I said picking them up, and looked up at her.

Hayes POV
"You should be the one picking them up," I heard a familiar voice say. Tori was in the hallway I was about to walk into. I saw Ashley and her friends laughing at her.

"EW what happened to your face!" She yelled. I was confused at what she meant.

"Pathetic bitch," one of the girls said. "Leave me alone," Tori said beginning to walk away. Ashley stepped in front of her.

"Hayes told me he was gonna break up with you," she said.

"That's bullshit," Tori said weakly, I could already tell she was trying her best not to cry.

"He told me in first period," Ashley said. "No I didn't." I said stepping in the hallway.

"Whatever Hayes, you're gonna want me at one point in your life. You like me you just don't want to admit it. Why would you choose her anyways. Let's go girls," she said and they all walked away.

"I could've handled it myself," Tori said beginning to walk away.

"Tori wait."

"What Hayes?" She sighed, but wasnt facing me. "I love you, I didn't mean what I said and you know that. I was just mad."

"I really need to get to lunch, I promised Tyler and Natalie I'd meet them by the tree," she said walking off.

Hey guys! Sorry it took forever but I'm back!💞
Sorry for any grammar mistakes. I've been writing this in my phone.